1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The chatroom will not let me enter!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why can't I enter. The connection is closed (to chat planet).
    Anything I do the connection will not return.
    Tal you must do something!

[ September 11, 2002, 20:41: Message edited by: Extremist ]

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Tal can't help you with that as there can be numerous reasons.

My suggestion is that you download, install and use mIRC. With it you may enter the chatroom through any of two available servers.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ex, that's what he was talking about, mIRC.

Padeen. I'm guessing you're on a 56k. If so your problem is not unusual. I get this too. None of the two servers work for me. Mine have been like this for months and so will it be for you too likely. Live with it.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I'm on 56k too and both servers are working fine for me.
    Did you set your options correctly Z?

[EDIT]
    Kemanmaldea says that he retried to connect 20 times until server let him in the chatroom. Seems that there is some server related problem, although I'm logging in instantly. *sigh*
    Let's hope it'll be sorted out...

In the meantime, try to log in through irc.webmaster.com. I'm always connecting through that one.

[ September 11, 2002, 21:13: Message edited by: Extremist ]

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Nah ex that's not it, this has happened to me for a couole of years. Your 56k must run faster than mine. I have a very bad connection. mIRC just won't connect.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The problem is with Planet Z - whenever I try to connect to that, it disconnects me.

As a temporary solution for those who rely on quickchat, you can try this, and that should let you on, as it doesn't use Planet Z.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

To me it says i need Java Virtua machine :eek:
    I tried to download it from some michrosoft page (dot remember which :( ) but they said they dont deal with it anymore :mad:
    Anyone knows a server where i might download it?? :confused:

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Planet Z seems to be working fine once more. :)

9. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Gothmog

The MS Virtual Machine was taken down because of some legal action. It was unavailable for quite some time. If Microsoft are true to their word, it should be a part of the XP Service Pack that was just released. If not... just download and use Sun's JVM.

@Padeen

Are you sure you're not banned?

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've had some problems with connecting the last weeks to. But I just let it retry a few times, and then it works fine on both chat.planetz.net and irc.webmaster.com.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Padeen is not banned. I mean, *was* not. Yet.
    Kiddin', kiddin'! ;)

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    He is now!! lol

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Look, if he is really banned that's another story. And in that case PM or mail is the solution.

Click!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.