1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Divine Comedy - Help!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Aikanaro, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For an assignment I need a description of Heaven from Dante's The Divine Comedy. Sadly, however, most of Paradiso seems to be Dante chatting to people and my scanning hasn't found what I need. Anyone know where I might find such a description?

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

in the first song i believe. when dante comes to the first sphere or possibly before, there is a discreption of how heaven is devided in spheres around god. or something like that. i would love to dig it out for you, but my book currently lies on the bottom of some crate as im moving :)

3. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

• From my recollections the spheres are following more or less the planetar order :

The First Paradise, the lower, immediately after the "Divine Beatrice's Smile", was a sort a nearly "cheap" paradise, for souls only "just sufficient" to enter in Heavens.
    It was the "Lunar Sphere" (Moon).

— After that, Mercur, Venus, perhaps then the Sun Sphere (or perhaps the Sun was placed by Dante right after Moon, I dont remember that ...)

— After that : Sphere of Mars, Jupiter (Jove) and Saturn.

— I dont think Dante was knowing and/or caring for other planetar spheres, but after there was :

— The sky/heavens of Fixed Stars, very important and already near of God, according to the author.

— Perhaps (perhaps !) an angelic level, if I remember well ;

— Then, at end, Trinity, and Throne of GOD Himself.

Attention !
    This abstract and summing up is NOT student work, and can contain errors :

• As I have already said elsewhere, I am a Wizard-like person, and no joke here : about Dante's works, there was only vague memories of my FREE interests about ALL which can, possibly, conduct to Absolutness.

... BUT, as near no one is wanting to help you, I do what I can ... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.