1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The fur has been shed - retire my Yeti!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Death Rabbit, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Since I finally got around to donating (actual money!) to this wonderful little productivity killer we lovingly know as SP, and since I'll be moving to a whole new city in about a week, I figured it was time for a new look. Gaze lovingly upon my new pimp-ass gnome. Wurd. :cool:

Suggestion that's only about 9% serious: I think my Yeti should be retired. It's forever tainted by my mad flavah, and anybody who sports it now is just an imposter. Just sayin'.

Anyway - FYI.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The gnome isn't furry enough to reflect your personality. :D ;)

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Dude! How can you possibly dump the Yeti??!

Plus, the new pic was formerly used by a fairly conservative member - I think you might become tainted.

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

That looks nowhere near as good as the yeti.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    WooHoo! Tightwad no more! :D

Didn't that used to be Blackhawk's avatar? Oh well, he ran away, so it's fair game. Except the old one suited your name better. And WTF is "pimp juice"? :p

This is gonna take some gettin' used to. :lol:

6. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Now where did you do that for? That yeti is soaked in your "flava" as you choose to call it, don't even worry about anyone wanting to use it!

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You can't retire the Yeti! What if the next member who got it turned out to be a huge donator like Seayer(who has My and Ragusas Githy) :p :beer:

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't see it as "dumping" the Yeti, so much as just "moving on." I'm changing a lot personally and financially right now - it only seems fitting to be changing digitally as well.

@ dmc

That's what they said when Freddy Murcury buzzed his head and grew a mustache. And like Freddy, my fans will eventually recover, I'm sure.

Also - I don't care that Blackhawk was conservative, because A) I really don't give a damn about politics right now, and B) I'm not nearly as liberal as people around here seem to think I am.

@ Splunge
    If you have to ask, you'll never know. :p

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I don't think that I will ever be able to look at you the same way again.

/me tilts his head to the left

Ah, that's better. :D

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Well . . .
    A yeti from Texas was a bit odd.
    But this one . . . :beer: :borg:

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I like it! :thumb: Personally, that's the only portrait that I would ever want from the selection provided.

Though, it will take time to not think of Blackhawk when I see that portrait...but I'll get used to it soon enough. :rolling:

12. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I didn't notice this topic, so when I was reading some post I looked at the name, and behold! it was Death Rabbit! I was so confused and scared until I found this topic. Farewell yeti, well met pimp gnome ;)

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    A Gnome eh? does that mean we are going to join our madcap forces and dominate these boards with turnip beer and strange alchemical combinations?

*Gets hopes up*

Nice avatar BTW

14. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I love you, Death Rabbit. Have my babies?

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe :p

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The yeti should be retired, at least for a while. If I saw someone else with it I probably think you changed your name, too.

The new avatar is interesting but does take some time getting used to.

17. Nerezza Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Did somebody say Yeti?
    *hides*

18. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I seem to remember you posting a topic to moan about people posting topics to let others know that they were leaving the forum, and here you are making a topic to let everyone know about your change of avatar :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.