1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The green guys in the video

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by 8people, Apr 20, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    at the end of SoA there is a video with green guys round a table with Bhaals symbol on it, no-one on the SoA Forum seems to know about it, does anyone here?

Who the hell are they? why do they attack you (SoA chap6/7)(Yes I know it is in the other game but you play SoA befor ToB, Nah)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't know where you got the idea that they're green from. Maybe the light's green, but they sure as hell aren't. :heh:

Anyway, I answered your question there. If you need any more details, ask here.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, but WHO are they? if they are Bhallspawn Black Isle got them wrong, I'll ask The programmers, or try. I don't want to lose the bet with my friend at school!

4. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Illasera, Yaga-Shura, Abazigal, Sendai, Balthazar.

Although none of them at the end of SoA bear any resemblance whatsoever to their characters in ToB.

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

They are the children of Bhall? And the last thing they say is: "The child of Bhall is doomed. There is no escape." Oh that makes sense.

I always assumed they are Balthazar and his monks. After all, they are planning the destruction of all the Bhalspawn. And regarding the symbol on the table - maybe they just thought it was a nifty piece of furniture :1eye:

6. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Perhaps they're one of the very large semi-legal organizations you crossed, like the harpers or the cowled wizards

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] They are BHAALSPAWN for God's sake! :rolleyes:
    Asked and answered, no speculation about them is possible any more! This has been asked a year ago on the official BioWare boards and they answered it so.

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Allow me to rephrase:

Did the developers know that these are Bhalspawn when they made SoA? Coz the things they said (the robed ones not the developers) leads me to believe not.

On the other hand, nobody's perfect. FYI I also firmly believe that Obi-Wan didn't know that Luke had a sister until the Return of the Jedi coz that's when George dreamed it up...

:1eye::alien: <- see what comes fom incest?

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] :lol: Vukodlak.

I think it is a link to Baldurs Gate 3, Which could be made by TEAMBG perhaps.

The mysterious gang of Cyric in the wannabe green brown robes, ending Bhaalspawns presence forever.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Of course they did. They had the story envisioned in advance, only not all of the details. The robed figures don't say anything that is in contradiction of what happens in ToB.

11. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I don't have BG2 at the moment (but I will in 6 days -C'MON!), but at the end they say something along the lines of The child of Bhall is doomed. Now that would be illogical enough considering they are Bhaakids themselves....

But now that I think about it I think they actually say "The spawn of Bhall is doomed" which is even worse.

(Unless they are being prophetic. After all since you kill ALL of em in the expansion then indeed the entire spawn is doomed...)

12. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Um, and why couldn't they be talking about the ONE child or spawn of Bhaal they have in mind? They all know who they're talking about.

13. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

To clear this issue:

*Mighty big spoilers ahead*

The idea in ToB was that the Bhaalspawn (the bad guys) had formed an alliance. They tried to lure all *other* Bhaalspawn into a city, which they then razed, gaining power for themselves. The robed guys in the end of BG2 are talking about you, the player. "He has grown too strong, he will die yadayada." They believe you could oppose them, so they were discussing you, and decided your fate. They sent one of their numbers to kill you in the beginning of ToB.

[This message has been edited by Volar Blackmane (edited April 21, 2002).]

14. Taluntain

Media:
    I hear echoes in here... But yes, this is it. It can't be put more clearly than that. :rolleyes:

15. ArchAngel Guest

7 robed figures in brown robes ,but definately a green light, sitting around a table...

(from ToB intro movie; five powerfull bhaalspawn.. yadaya. But there are six right? Who is the seventh?)

Anyway;
    Definately talikng about *the main character* *Gorions ward*.

We should have acted sooner. Indicating they have been together for quite some time. Perhaps even when *we* fought Sarevok in Baldurs Gate.

There is no reason to be concerned. The faith of this fool has been sealed
    Strongly indicated someone arrogant is in charge of these seven robed figures.

The spawn of Bhaal is doomed
    Now this is a little weird to say from someone who is Spawn of Bhaal himself. "Spawn" can't be a single person. Like you can't single out "one milk" from a can of milk.
    But of course he can say it... They all know which particular child of Bhaal he is talking about.

It is weird though, and leaves a door open for something new, nomatter what Bioware says. Imagagine the moderators of the BG2 forums all around the net talking about ,for instance, BTA.
    "The Spawn of Moderating is doomed"

No matter what; it sounds cool. :D

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 21, 2002).]

16. Thor'Horad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i just wonder how a fire giant could sit at a normal table? let alone who's the 7th guy.

17. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I just had a brainwave - perhaps the 7th guy is Abazigal's son (the name escaped me for the moment). He is after a Bhaalspawn too. Or rather a Bhaalspawn's spawn. Can't quite bridge the gap in years, though. I would've thought that Abazigal's kind grow and mature very, very slowly.

One thing that I couldn't quite get over is, how the heck did Bhaal impregnate Yaga's mother? Or for that matter, how did he manage to errr, mount Abazigal's mother?

18. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Bhaal is a god, he could just snap his fingers. :p

19. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] If I remember my lore correctly, when Bhaal had those children, he was forced to walk the earth as a mortal. Meaning no magic or shapeshifting. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I envision that he needed, ah, other appendages of his body besides just his fingers.

20. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Good point. But Bhaal had the ability to take other avatars, didn't he? I remember Bane taking a few avatars.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.