1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Item thing

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Tormal, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Tormal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Does anyone know how to make items without minim level to use them? I whanted to make several modules for Greyhawk, a PnP campaign, and could not create even some minor artefacts, caus even a level 20 character is not able to use them?!
    Beside that. It ist pssible to create level 20+ NPC's with the toolset. They get higher spells, Attack base ect. just like in the epic level book. Or close to it. Does anyone know why this is only possible for NPC's. I edited some of the Scripst of the single player modules, but could not find something that looked like the XPcap. I wonder if there is a way simply to allow PC's to gett character levle above 20. Like Wiz17/Fig12. For the NPC's it worked fine. There stats are done properly in the toolset.

2. I actually think it's impossible to make the items go down in level, but a player can change the Item restrictions.

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Not too sure if there's a better solution than this, but:

If you open nwnplayer.ini in the directory where NWN is installed, under the [gameoptions] section, if you change the line:

Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=1

to

Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=0

Then in single player mode, item level restrictions wont matter. In multiplayer, I believe that there is a server setting to disable them if you so wish.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited July 25, 2002).]

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When you create the item you can select a level range if it is magical and creatures can go up to level 40

5. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Unfortunately I think they're having troubles with folks importing level-restrictionless items onto multiplayer games, and, as usually as in Diablo, 1st level characters being buff as Popeye on radishes. That's why they have these monumentally evil ways of destruction amongst our beloved NWN. About ridding yourself of restrictions? Ask Emerson.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Wildfire-Yes, there is a server setting
    Xaelifer-Did you expect any better from all the people out there that only want themselves to be uber?

What about setting the item level in the item creation wizard to 1-5? Would that disable it? Anyway, aren't quite a few of the items in the campaign restrictionless, so it would have to be possible.

[ July 29, 2002, 16:09: Message edited by: Rastor ]

7. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah, I've been trying to do this too, to give my character some really powerful things, just for fun, I guess I'll try your surgestion, Wildfire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.