1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The last of the Flail of Ages parts...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Skrynkelberg, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Skrynkelberg Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm in the De'Arnise hold, and I have obtained the flail part hidden in the "lost room" or what's it called at level 1, and the one in the golem room at level 2. I know that the third part is with some guard or someothing in the middle section of level two. So my question is, how do you get there? The door is broke! Am I supposed to fix it somehow, or have I missed a hidden door or stairwell somewhere? Help plz!

I'm playing as a good Kensai BTW, (yeah I know, but I have to try it some time, don't I?) and I want to have a good party. Any suggestions? Right now I have Minsc, Keldorn, Jaheira, Nalia and Aerie. I was thinking about taking Anomen with me but I think he sucks. Anyone that has a different opinion or an idea of someone for me to take with me? And someone to leave, of course.

And, lastly, excuse me for my English.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

you missed a hidden door, when you walk up stairs from first floor (main entrance like), you should be situated somewhere to the east in the map. Then walk northwest and there's a secret door just at the beginning of the hallway

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Activate detect traps on any of your thieves.
    It will detect a few hidden passages on the walls.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The door is broke eh? Right next to that broken door is a bookshelf. On that bookshelf IIRC is a key. Take the key around that floor of the keep and open any locked doors. One should take you into a room with a fireplace, go to the south wall of the room, directly opposite the fireplace, and an illusional door will light up. Follow the passage to another room and watch out for traps, beyond the next door is the guy who you are looking for ;)

5. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

About your party:
    If you do not have a romence running with Jaheira, drop her, and give a try to Cernd. He will make a nice addition to your party, and if he manages to reach level 15.(at 3.000.000 exp)he will become twice as powerful with LOTS of spells. And his Greater Werewolf form is an immense fighter as well. Give him a few stuff like Ring of Protection+2, Ring of Earth control, Cloak of the sewers, and his AC will reach -15! Have fun:)

[Cernd cannot achieve level 15 in SoA and that happens to be the forum you are posting in - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 27, 2001).]

6. Skrynkelberg Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] OK, thank you all! I have another question BTW... ok, a pretty silly one, but anyway. Where do you get the boots of speed? I think you can find them someone in the beginning, but I haven't this time. I'm worried I have missed them, so could you plz just refresh my mind? :)

7. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

SPOILER

You can take the boots of speed of the rotting carcass of the munchkin in the first room of the planar prison quest (Haer Daelis quest -- access 5 flagons inn/Bridge district).

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

there are two pairs of boots of speed.

The other pair of boots is in spellhold dungeon, in the token machine. It requires 15 tokens to get them (and they're the best deal with that machine)

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Ive had problems with that last piece of the flail too. For some reason, it won't let me in the first locked door even when I have the key.

Other timeses, it will.

I demand a full refund. :1eye:

10. Sir Phaapylon Gems: 1/31

Veteran

filip du e homo vet du de.

11. Skrynkelberg Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] OK, thank you. I haven't visited the bridge district yet, that explains why I haven't found them yet.

And regarding Cernd, is he any good? I've never let him join my party, cause I use Jaheira instead. Can he cast that Insect Plague spell? Or insect swarm or whatever it's called, the fifth level anyway. Cause that's the main reason I don't kick Jaheira.

"Phaapylon", that was a different spelling than I'm used too. Don't you have an "English only"-rule at these boards? And, to answer your statement: Den som sa det han va det! ;)

12. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

All characters are useful, if you find out what they're good at. Cernd, for instance, is in my opinion the best druid in the game. Well, there's not much competition, but still. He can cast Insect Plague, it is after all a druidic spell. He can also get level 7 spells, for example Creeping Doom, which is an improved version of the before mentioned.

13. Elessar Gems: 5/31

I've been through the Spellhold dungeon twice and never came across a token machine (and I always wondered what the mithril tokens were for). Where is the machine?

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

well if you cared to explore the upper half of the dungeon you just walk into it, without really looking for it.

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you remember the wall with the paintings of monsters on them? You can open each of them, and the token machine is in the area behind the Umber Hulk painting IIRC.

16. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

On the last level of Spellhold go north instead of south path which eventually leads to Bodhi. Go north into room with 4 monsters' faces painted on the wall, use the painting you got from the other south path to open up passages behind the painted figures on the wall. Go north, then through a narrow hallway go east and then there is a door on the south, go into that room, fight the golem, go south once more and that is the token machine room.

17. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

i thought the jester's armour was pretty neat from that thing, makes whoever you put it on cool colours, and the nice boots of the north are good too *** 50% cold resist must be usefull ***

18. Elessar Gems: 5/31

I do remember the area well, I got killed by the mind flayer and just passed on the rest.

19. Skrynkelberg Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I HATE Mindflayers! Kills with one hit (well, sometimes) and got what? 50% magic resistance? Argh! :mad: How are you supposed to kill them?

20. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Backstab? Traps? Brine potions + missile weapons? Potions of genius and/or mind focusing (each hit drains 5 intelligence)? A really low AC + good saving throws? Ambush one at a time?

There be many ways...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.