1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The most powerful creature ever (minor spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Seid, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What is the most powerful BG series creature or person that ever lived?

My guess: Demogorgon.

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

kobold :D

3. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Before the cloak of mirroring: Beholder types. they can end an encounter with one flesh to stone... with multiple attempts if you resist

Before the protection from magic scroll-- demilich. Again, instantly ends the encounter

After the above: succubi if you don't have protect from charm

or the fallen solar... I thought that he was tougher than DG

4. Seid Gems: 5/31

Fallen Solar has a weakness to fire. What about Melissan?

5. Shadowcat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hardest battle I've fought so far was myself.

6. Must be Mellisan, cause it doesn't help killing her once, you have to do it three times + she keeps summoning forth these really powerful creatures

7. shadow_thief Guest

No, Melissan was tough, but I beat her all the same. The hardest battle I ever fought in my life was against a squirrel. They're tought! ;) ;)

8. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Note on a succubus....I haven't progressed far enough into ToB to meet a succubus (if there is one)...I recall one from the top of Durlag's Tower in ToSC and the interesting thing about fighting this creature was if I went at her with a party, she invariably caused the death of a few of them....I had no trouble vs her using only 1 character, leaving the remainder of the party way out of sight...she charmed, it wore off, I scored some damage, she charmed, it wore off, I scored some damage, ad nauseum till she went down.

9. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

oh SUccubus are a real pain... youll meet them.. and not alone they will be!

my way of dealing with them was a little sticky.. hehe

i have 3 mages, 2 tanks and 1 cleric... my mages used spell sequencers to unleash 8 Web and 1 Greater Malison spells at them!! woohooo... if you pause immediatly.. you'll see that many made saves but with that many webs... theyll have to roll so much they eventually get caught... then u just pick at them with bolts and arrows or use fire spells with AOF... those are great...

10. Seid Gems: 5/31

I think Melissan summons some succubus. There are annoying with all of their spells.

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

the demogorgon. I wasn't very high level and it took forever. Draconis was also very tough

12. DemoGorgon Guest

Ya, probly me. Im pretty tough.
    I dont like those succubus either though.

13. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Demogorgon was a walk in the park once i found out how to take him out

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Could you enlighten us as to your tactics. I will surely play the game again and would not mind having an easier time.

Thanks!

15. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I found him extremely hard too. Then I tried a new tactic. I ignored the demons the Demogorgon summoned and ran straight for it. The mages cast breach, secret word, ruby ray of reversal and pierce magic. I have no idea which spell did the trick but it was immune to my attacks before I cast them. It fell easily and I picked off those pesky mariliths it summoned in no time. And a dark planetar or two also helped :) (My normal tactic is to kill all the little things first and then kill the main baddie. As Demogorgon summons (or at least it seemed so) an infinite number of demons, my party was quickly overrun.) This tactic made the fight a breeze, although the first time I attempted it I was stupid enough to attack with my main character first. If my cleric has a resurrection spell memorized it bloody well should be able to raise my main character! (The reason why I usually play mage, no need to close with the enemy.)

I think the end fight was the toughest though, need to beat the baddie *four* times without resting between. It was a horror. (Although when I used the same tactics as with the Demogorgon it got a lot easier i.e. ignore the little guys she summons.)

16. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

That is what I ended up doing. It was still tough.

17. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I agree--the DG was not super tough. I found abzigal and the last level 5 fight much harder.

my tactics:

1. ignore his summoned demons. they have big protect spells on them so you have to get them once DG is dead.. or he will kill your entire party

2. remove his protects.. with anything you have.. and keep doing it. the wands of spellstrike help alot. as does having to mages to keep casting spells that remove protects.

3. hammer on him with low THAC0---I had a level 27 kensai using the a two handed sword. my thaco was about minus 18? I think.. I had on greater whirlwind, and kai. He did massive damage in a very short period of time and DG went down with a wimper.

18. Seid Gems: 5/31

I don't know why, but I find Draconis tougher than Abazigal.

19. Woohoo! Send in a few tanks with hardiness into a fight with DG and a bout 20 demons for the ultimate evil-bashing party!

20. shadow_thief Guest

Seid, you are too right, too right. Dragonais was *much* tougher than that wimpy Abazigal. It took me 2 tries to kill Dragonais, and 2 hits to Abazigal.( ;))

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.