1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The planetar?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by TIN_MAN, Jul 31, 2001.

1. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey you guys!

Anyone could please scribe me the stats and the abilities of the planetar?!

I don't have ToB yet (august 10 th in Hungary) but I'm curious very curious!

Thanks in advance!

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Hey TIN_MAN,
    I haven't had much experience with this spell but I summoned one just recently and was like WOW! OK first, mages get the summon planetar pool ability while clerics get the summon deva. You can summon planetars and dark planetars depending on the caster's alignment. OK I summoned a planetar (casting time 5) and they last 4 rounds + 1 round per level. OK now here's what gets me->they can cast spells this is what they can cast!?!!?!->
    -3 Remove Fear
    -3 Cure Disease
    -3 Dispel Magic
    -3 Remove Curse
    -3 Lesser Restoration
    -3 Neutralize Poison
    -3 Flamestrike
    -3 Summon Insects
    -3 Raise Dead
    -3 True Sight
    -3 Full Heal
    -3 Earthquakes
    -3 Firestorm
    -3 Globe of Blades
    -3 Holy Word
    -3 Symbol Death
    -3 Symbol Fear
    -2 Magic Missle
    -1 Detect Invisibility
    -1 Flame Arrow
    -3 Improved Invisibility
    -1 Chaos

OK I wonder if this is a mistake because all this time I've been using the cleric spell Summon Deva and Summoned Devas get spells but they don't get THAT many. Whatever the case maybe look forward to them TIN_MAN.

3. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Planetars are much stronger than Devas. Planetars use Silver swords as their weapons.
    I also wish we could summon even more powerful version of planetar - Solar.

[This message has been edited by Seid (edited July 31, 2001).]

4. shadow_thief Guest

LOL, *sigh* I know. When I beat Melissan, and Solar came I'm like, geez, I wish that Solar had helped me.

5. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Solars are supposed to remain neutral right? thats why there are also Fallen Solars..

anyway, I think the Planetar can see invisible creatures as if it has the True Sight ability always on coz when I was fighting Sendai, I couldnt see her but the Planetar could and until the Planetar attacked her could I see Sendai and target her...

6. DemoGorgon Guest

hmm, Planetars or devas

7. Seid Gems: 5/31

Yeah, Planetars attack invisible creatures.

8. shadow_thief Guest

Um Praetor, Solar is a Deva. And I think you were talking about Devas and Fallen Devas, cause there is only one Solar...

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Shadowthief, I believe that you are mistaken about the Solar.
    Spoiler
    During the final fight, you face a Fallen Solar (before fighting Melissan for the last time). This led me to believe that a Solar is a type of creature just like a Planetar and a Deva.

10. Seid Gems: 5/31

Planetar is like a spirit of a planet. Solar is like a spirit of a solar system.

11. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Wow...I...I...can hardly wait to summon these ...gods!

Thanks everyone(though you made me even more curious and impatient ;))

12. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Shadow Thief.. you are mistaken... as Jack Funk said... there is more than one Solar...

13. shadow_thief Guest

I know. Yesterday I reloaded my final save and replayed the battle and I found out yes there was another solar. I was about to say that yesterday but then my dad came home and kicked me off the computer so he could play ToB.

14. Seid Gems: 5/31

********Spoiler******
    If you look at the stats of Solar in SK he is actually a Chaotic good demonic Tana'ri(the good Solar). Here are the stats for the Fallen one:

Str 19 Con 14 Wis 16
    Dex 19 Int 16 Cha 20

HP 117
    AC -10
    THACO 5 Attacks 4 lvl 22

It has a bow and a shortsword that looks like a mace.

Resistances

Acid 100 Crushing 50
    Cold 100 Piercing 50
    Electricity 100 Slashing 50
    Fire 0 Missile 50
    Magic 85
    Magic fire 0
    Magic cold 100

The only thing that works great on him is fire.

15. shadow_thief Guest

The solar that guides you is not a male. Can't you tell by the face and voice?

16. Seid Gems: 5/31

The solar that guides you has a gender of "neither". The Fallen Solar is a female.

17. shadow_thief Guest

What are you talking about? Solar is not "neither". Neither is when you don't look like a girl or a boy. "Neither" is when you don't sound like a girl or a boy. In this case, the portrait is a girl, and the voice is a girl's voice.

18. Seid Gems: 5/31

If you look in the SK it says so...

But anyway, how do you know that's it's a girl? It's a spirit, they usually don't have a gender.

19. shadow_thief Guest

SK is screwed...that's why I only use it once in a game. And...are you *sure* spirits don't have gendre? I mean, spirits are usually someone's soul. So if a *girl* died, it's soul would become a spirit and then the spirit wouldn't be a girl anymore?

20. Seid Gems: 5/31

Dead people are not called Solars. They are called ghosts or zombies if it comes to that. Solar,I think, is a spirit of a Sun. What is the gender of a Sun?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.