1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Sword of Truth series - The end??

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Ameorn, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Actually i've read those books a long time ago and i now remembered that it never really ended, you never got to know anything about the final confrontation between Richard Rahl and the Emperor... Does anybody know if Terry's writing the continuation or is he planing to or maybe there won't be anymore books about the sword?? I hope someone out there knows... :confused:

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    IIRC, the next book is called something like Naked Empire and is due out soon. Check Amazon, as I think it's listed there.

3. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Thanks, i was getting worried that there wouldn't be a real ending for the series...

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

While Goodkind has some good ideas. as far as I'm concerned, the series cannot end too soon.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The series will end either when Goodkind retires/dies or when people stop buying the books. Unfortunately, even after these series descend into mindless drivel, people who bought and enjoyed the early books will continue buying them in the hope that the series will come to some meaningful conclusion that makes putting up with the later books worthwhile. I am as guilty of this as anyone. I still don't quite understand why I bought Crossroads of Twilight when I, after reading the first hundred pages or so, banished Winter's Heart to my "I will read it if I run out of decent books" pile. Oh, and in case you were wondering The Pillars of Creation is keeping Winter's Heart company.

6. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

You are right JSBB. Me and a couple of friends who read the series do it for exactly that reason... And i too am waiting and hoping for better books than the last ones.

7. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wow...i AM tolerant....

i liked Pillars of Creation because it was a different twist on the series with new characters....

And i learned not to **** with a wizard of the first order when he's in Aydindril.... :eek:

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've written off both Goodkind as Jordan. I've enjoyed their books in the beginning, but as they realised they were popular they seemed intent on pushing as much books out of the storyline as possible. This results in 600 page books where the storyline doesn't advance one single bit, and if it does, it's described in 1.5 pages and then goes back to describing how a squirrel jumped down a tree for 10 pages. Bah.

Crossroads of Twilight was the drop of water that made the barrel overflow. I stopped after 150 pages, realizing this was never ever going to end. Perhaps I'll go back if I hear quality has risen, or I'll just pick up a summary on the net. I love the story, I love the characters, but I'm not going to pay for 4 pages of story advancement. Goodkind lost me with Soul of the Fire. I don't recall exactly why anymore. It didn't really catch on anymore I guess...

9. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I struggled with Wizard's First Rule for a couple of weeks then just gave up at the sheer naffness of the writing. I was tempted to go back to it but then chanced on George R R Martin's masterly A Song of Ice & Fire... and never looked once.

10. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

i don't suppose youd trust me if i told you to read book 6 faragon?

It's the best of the series....by far....

Its almost a combination of all the other previous 5...

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Oh don't do that. Now you've made me doubt my decision :)

I've got 'A game of thrones' lying around, I'll get to that first, before deciding to purchase TSoT book 6 or not. Haven't heard much bad news about G.Martin, and I'm in dire need of some good writing after CoT. :D

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

IMHO, Martin is an order of magnitude better than the competition.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Faragon, I would strongly recommend you stick to Martin and only go back to Goodkind if you have nothing decent to read.

I actually thought that book 6 was BY FAR the worst of the Sword of Truth series (at least up to that point). The politics of the Empire were so overdone that I found my eyes in danger of staying permanently rolled up into the top of my head. :rolleyes:

14. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31

martin also likes to kill off main characters left and right as well...but that's ok to...cuz he pulls another one out of his ass whenever he needs one....

overdone politics or not in book 6...it still had the overall best story except for maybe book 3...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.