1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Talisman and Black House

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Woody Woodrow, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Woody Woodrow Banned

Has anyone else read these two books (Stephan King and Peter Straubs collabarations). If have what did you think? I you haven't I highly suggest that you do.

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The Talisman is great, written back in the days when King was the master in his field.

Black House is crap, pure and simple. He's not written a decent book is years and this is the worst one he's ever written full stop.

I'm not sure what Straub's contributions to the books were but he couldn't save Black House from being the godforsaken mess that it is.

3. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

It's easily not the worst King has written, having had the misfortune to read The Regulators.

Have to say I didn't think that much of The Black House either, in contrast to The Talisman. The style of writing they use, unfortunately rather prevalent at the beginning did grate a lot.

Then read two recent Straub books, which were polished off more readily.

4. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well that's not good.I am reading the Talisman now,almost finished,I was looking forward to the rest of the story in Black House but now I have some doubts whether or not it will be any good or not.

5. Woody Woodrow Banned

I liked Black House. It had interesting charecters like the bikers with University Degrees, and theblind guy. The Regulators was good. Kings worst book Hearts of Alantis. It's just poor.

I've tried to read Straub but I just couldn't handle it, he's just to slow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.