1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Way Of The Assassin...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Orgrim Doomhammer, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Orgrim Doomhammer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I got this idea from the D&D Hero Builder's Guide Book.

Get an assassin to level 15 then duel class him to a fighter. When he gets to level 16 he should be a grand master in Katana, a grand master in War Hammer and his two handed weapon skill maxed. Use Crom on the off hand to get his Srength to 25 and Celestrial Fury on his main hand. Use the clock of Non-Detection, Poison your weapon, hide in shadows and then do a backstab X5. You should be able to do a 200-400 damange plus poison damage. Then drink a poition of invisability and find another target. But this dont work if a mage has stoned skin on. Also this dont work on Dragons, liches and demoms who can detect illusions.

With stealth, with surprise, and a single death blow. You don't exspect a thief to fight a warrior hand to hand or a mage to fight a warrior hand to hand. Therefore you should except an assassin to backstab you.

2. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] And that you needed a book for? :rolleyes:

3. Destroyer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] LOL. Yeah, sure.

Are you sure you want to spend your time waiting to get back up to level 15 after you dual?

BTW, I'm not that certain one can backstab when dualwielding. Yoshimo backstabs with one katana OK, but I had Valygar try to backstab while dual-wielding katanas, and I received a message that he can't. Which is sorta stupid, it's not like I want to hit with both of them at the same time, but anyhow...

4. Nope, you can backstab whilst dual-wielding. Where you using his family blade? For some reason the game won't let you backstab with this, although you can whilst dual-wielding other katanas, or any other for that matter.

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited December 27, 2000).]

5. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Orgrim u are at it again!

Me and WhoDeany are gonna get a reputation of about 3 soon at this rate.

But cummon man? do you not find that just blatantly broing and unfair? the first time... yeah okey... wikked... but after that this tactic must be hihgly boring. If i was DMing a proper PnP game... i just wouldn't allow someone to have a character of that power. But hell that's me!

6. Orgrim Doomhammer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well my evil party has a reputation of 1 in BG 2.

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I gotta argue with you there. How is it unfair? Boring, maybe, but unfair? In case you haven't noticed, this isn't p&p. I have no doubt you wouldn't let someone have a character that powerfull, but the game does. And he did it without cheating. A little planning, sure, but no cheating(for a change :)). Besides, you couldn't do that till late in the game anyway. And by that time, unless you ruthlessly handicap yourself, you will be powerfull anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.