1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Whole Baal thingy..

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IronEagle, Mar 9, 2001.

1. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ok i was bored while doing some quests, so i started thinking, Wouldnt the children of baal have some sort of resistances to something? like maybe death? or something along that line. just MAYBE he would have a magical resistance no matter how small, or is the whole idea, He has to become the one and only to gain that power? (like highlander) the only one left gets the power, is that correct?

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sounds logical to some point - finally you´re a halfgod, that should give you some special abilities, for example - especially if you consider that you are a child of Bhaals - a really good rescue throw against death or a good magic resistance. That would be quite useful during the game.

On the other hand it has a nice appeal that you have to be the one and only to get these special abilities - but - just like the benefits you gain in hell, you can´t really enjoy them during the 40 minutes gametime left :(

3. Jefe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I believe that is where the original special abilities come from. . . ie. cure light wounds, slow poison, draw upon holy might, horror, ghoul touch, etc. When Irenicus does his soul-rending spell on you, you lose the abilities. Hopefully w/ all things resolved @ the end, you will get them back, along with some more powerful ones. Something like Ray of Hamster Disentigrating, so I can get that quick item slot back. *SQUEAK*

4. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] You mena. like being able to turn into a terrible beastie at will???
    Maybe called "The Slayer"???????

5. Jefe Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I agree, but Slayer is supposed to be a result of you missing your godly soul. It's a much better ability than those pidly cleric spells you had as innates before, but it kills your reputation to use it too much. If only I could find a cowled wizard stronghold and slaughter them all. And those merchants that jack up prices when I'm not liked. And the good characters in ,my party who want to leave or fight. And. . . sorry got carried away in the slaughter there.

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You do get one very important ability - people are prepared to join your party and follow you. I mean, if you were normal, would people really want to join a party that meets four dragons, numerous liches and a nest full of vampires!

And finally, Jefe how can you want to hurt Boo with your Hampster ray? He's the best character in the game. You obviously don't understand the strange and powerful forces of the minature giant space hampsters. Who do you think keeps saving your but in the tricky fight?

7. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Again though, and maybe im wrong but the God of Murder has to have some special abilities other than becoming a big beast thingy that does ice damage... im thinking like the ability to cause death to anything and anyone on contact... like a death touch spell once per day (<---hehe) or maybe the ability to create giant minuature space hampsters at will to destroy enemies. i dunno. SOMETHING other than a big red monster that does ice damage!

8. antoine Guest

I agree with Slappy and think Boo is rather funny too, but does any of you remember that Bhaal also became mortal in the Times of Trouble and that is maybe why you don't get extra special powers.

9. Jefe Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I see the wisdom Slappy. But. . . if Boo is doing the work, shouldn't he @ least get some experience? Thereby gaining levels. Yeahhhhh, I see it now. Level 15 Miniature Giant Space Hamster gains special ability. . . Wail of the Booshee.

*SSSQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAKKKKKK!!!!*

Death to all.

Give it a couple days, somebody will create that class on Shadow Keeper.

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The one and only thing doesn't fit - doesn't anyone remember Alaundo and his "score of mortal progeny". Maybe splitting his power between twenty kids made the powers weedy

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not just twenty... There's supposed to be hundreds of Bhaal's children. I guess all his power was distributed equally.
    Some individuals still stand out of course, like you for example. Especially those who actually learn of their true identity. Some of them might go through their entire lives not even knowing it...

12. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

So in other words it is much like Highlander... the last immortal alive becomes the most powerful, thus each one of the bhaal children is kind in a race to live.. and be the last alive? is that what im getting here?

13. Seric Exz Guest

Probably... or at least that's what was indicated by Sarevok's ranting during the intro movie of BG1...

"*I* will be the last - *you* will go first!"

(or maybe he was just being difficult :) )

14. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Iron Eagle - that´s a good one "the last immortal alive" ;) LOL

15. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

you dont watch Highlander huh? thats to bad...

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Thanks Mr Taluntain. I wonder where else Alaundo was wrong, or misquoted in BG1.

17. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] In fact I did, however - but strictly focussing on the sentence it´s too funny, sorry, LOL :D

18. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Highlander rules!!!!!

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well those lines for Alaundo were written by Bioware, and they were barely starting in the business by then. :p
    Unless there's a book of his prophecies somewhere, but as far as I know there isn't.

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

I guess that means I shouldn't read too much into the biography saying all the Bhaal spawn are meant to kill each other in as bloody a conflict as possible to bring their old man back

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.