1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things you wish were in a MOD!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Chelsea, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] While discovering MODS your mind is inevitably drawn to what you would like to see. And many conversations here include a line like "I wish they had this in a mod". In fact I just had one in another topic where I said

"Wouldn't it be great though if there was a plot involving helping the D man? Especially if it involved Dridders. I miss Dridders! "
    (The D man is Drizzt by the way).

So what would you like to see in a Mod, in the realms of plot lines, NPC's, interactions, romances, items etc?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A F/T NPC on par with the vanilla game. The only 2 I know of are Valen the vampire spawn and my own.

3. nekrotyrael Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

kirando/garrick/knight lady quest! :D
    coran as joinable npc ;( i love that guy :)

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I'll third AND fourth this idea. Bring back Coran!!!

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

So many players want a F/T (or even a normal thief) in some mod. I don't understand how this as a (multi) class got overlooked. :confused:

6. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mansur NPC is in progress at BWL site. He is a dual-class (not multy-class) Berserker-Thief. The mod has a long and complicated story-line which delays its release. Here I quote from Mansur's introduction:

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Actually, I was in the outlining stages of a mod that would involve helping Drizzt and his sister Vierna (the one who showed the less evil from the books). After you help them, Drizzt and or Vierna will join your party and romance the PC (female for Drizzt, and female/male for Vierna).

The mod was going to be huge however, introducing two NPCs with 3 sub quests each, new areas, new creatures, full voicing, inter/outer-party banter, flirts, and even a few non-bioware NPC interactions.

But I decided not to commit to it for several reasons. First and foremost, I found that the majority of people are *sick* of hearing about Drizzt. There was my limited knowledge of WeiDU, and I'd need someone to create the new areas, someone who can sound like Drizzt to complete his voicing, and a someone to do Vierna's voicing.
    So I have the overview and steps to completion doc just sitting on my HDD gathering virtual dust. :p

Bus for something more on-topic, I'd like to see a mod that introduces a major battle that's not a joke. Similar to the Oasis, it would have several levels of fighters, clerics, and a few mages. Some would be insta-killed from a horrid wilting spell, but the vast majority would be able to do some real damage. Not to overwhelm the party, the battle would come in waves of reinforcements, each becoming more difficult as the battle progresses. After slicing and dicing enough of the enemy, the commanders of the army will approach and offer a full surrender, but at the last second, the head commander will try to get a cheap shot in (takes 25% of PC's HP). Once you kill him, you can either simmer down and accept the surrender from the other commanders or decide to kill them too. :evil:

Besides that, I would like to see a single compilation pack of all the various popular mods with a good installer. Sure the initial size would be large, but once installer for Kelsey SoA and ToB, Tactics, EoU, Saerilith, Quest Packs, Flirt Packs, Banter Packs, and a dozen of other mods all packed together in one installation would be awesome. A basic GUI would be nice too. You know, something with a small picture and a *good* description of of what entity of what mod you're currently installing. In theory, this would eliminate the XY mod f***ed up my YZ mod, or any other issues (like having Sola v.6 or later installed before installing Kelsey). :thumb: :rolling:

[ July 23, 2006, 06:04: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Over at Gibberlings3, a new mod called Amber is hosted. She's a tiefling fighter-thief dual class. She's at v1.1 if memory serves, although you may wish to hold off downloading until the next version if you intend romancing her- there's currently a bug that seems to prevent the love talks from starting and the global has to be set manually.

Here's the address if you are interested:
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/amber/index.php

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.