1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

this blasted ice fortress

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Falcor Wolfbane, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] um how do i destroy the altar and how do i open the door inscribed welcome the shadows or something like that?

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

1 - You go to the talking painting up stairs. Choose the correct option which i forget.

2 - You will be transpoted byond the door, inside a room.

3 - Inside the room, there is another door with a shadow on it. Send one character to that door to take some damage.

4 - The embracing shadow door will open.

3. S0litude Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

SPOILER:
    NOTE: After you sent one of your characters to take some dmg the door has to be opened it won't open itself. Then shoot the second door with a lightning and you'll get to the altar. Speak with the genie upstairs and come to the altar and say you know the spirits real name and thus have you banished it - althought watch out for the whirlwind it leaves behind.

4. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The lightning Solitude is speaking of should be done by the Prism device shooting north with mirrors turned so, that it hits the outer door (IIRC).

Has anynone tried with spell lightning, chain lightning or another lightning damage causing thing (hammer or axe or ... of lightning) ?

5. Falcor Wolfbane Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

:confused: umm guys can i have a little more detail please as what i seem 2 b trying doesnt seem to work.

6. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There are two doors.

No 1: You get through from the staircase. Blown if I can remember which answer on the painting, but try it out. When you exit the room it is still open.

No 2: Turn the mirror north of the lightning bolt machine to the left (west), and the mirror outside door 1 to the right (east), and I believe Robert is your father's brother.

Afterwards, take some damage but be nimble...

7. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I need help with this too, and this didn't make much since....
    Is the room beyond the shadow door and you just move from the room to the shadow door and zap it wiht lightning?
    Is the second door the one by the mirror with all the people? Or is it the door that says embrace the shadow? And is the alter beyond that door?

8. Quicho Gems: 6/31

Compulsive Dementia:

One of your chars should transport into the room with shadows.

Other one should shoot with the lightning device in the big center room of this level. The mirrors should reflect this lightning to the door of the room with the shadow and open it.

I already posted something on this in this thread (using the lightning device and not another lightning). And somebody already posted on mirrors directions in this thread.

Is it too much to read through the whole thread and make notes ? Please try this.

IIRC, you do some dungeon mastering. I suppose you do not tell to players some thing in one piece. But you let them collect information on an issue in more dialogs/places and they should gather it and "solve" a problem. Try it here with this thread.

If you don't succeed, I can send you very detailed description how to open the damn door. But try to figure out yourself. There is enough info in this thread.

P.S. If you feel like beeing insulted, then I'm sorry. I didn't want to. I only try to to make some "roleplaying" IRL (in real life).

9. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

The main thing that I'm conserned about is the alter with the evil being in it. Is it in the room that is right next to the mirror that has people trapped in it? Or is it something else. I got into the room with shadows in it, and I opened the coffin and turned the mirror so tha tI could open that room, but if I remember correctly it was a treasury. I got tired of that party however, and restarted the game, so I'm a "little" ways away from there (about to get the moonblade from the troll). I'll just mess around a bit, when I get there, then I gues. And no, I don't feel insulted in anyway. Sorry if I gave that impression.

10. Quicho Gems: 6/31

Concerning "feeling insulted":
    You didn't get an impression of "feeling insulted". But sometimes, when I try to make people undestand: "You could do better on your own", they understand "I don't want to bother with you" - and they feel insulted. Therefore, I state this "I don't want to insult you" in forward ;) .

On the room:
    There are more rooms that should be opened by lightning.
    I refer to one of them as shadow room - shadow on the floor near the door to another room. If a character steps on this shadow, it's hit every round. And shooting with the lightning device into the door to the corridor, will open them.
    The room with the man trapped behind the mirrors is another story. They are not shadows, just trapped behind mirrors - you do not see them with full contrast - they appear to be "shadows".

11. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

So the room that says "Embrace the shadow" is opened by lighting? And the alter with the demigod or whatever is where?

12. Quicho Gems: 6/31

I would call those two rooms: Shadow room, Mirror room.

Shadow room:
    • you can initially get inside by "Embrace the shadow" from the picture
    • there are two doors: to the room with the altar and demigod (inner door), to the corridor (outer door)
    • there is a shadow on the ground near the inner door
    • you can open outer door by hitting it with lightning from the prism device while a character is standing on the shadow near the inner door (this character is constantly being hit, e.g. to minimize it's HP loss make a synchronized action: one character inside room is near the shadow, another is near the prism device, prism device faces north, mirrors are rotated to bounce the lightning to the outer door; character inside room goes to the shadow, the other one immediately shoots the lightning ...)
    • behind the inner door is a room with an altar and a demigod
    Mirror room:
    • leads to the "storage room" with many chests (loot, quest items)
    • there are some mirrors (three ?)
    • there are some trapped men behind mirrors

13. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31

AH-HAH! I just had to be at the temple to understand. I finially got there, and I get it know. Thanks, and sorry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.