1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thomas Covenant... *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Dave the Magic Turtle, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    The 1st book in the last trilogy of The Cronical's of Thomas Covenant is out! I've been waiting a year for this! Yay!

Anyone else planning to read this?

[ February 25, 2005, 12:16: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didn't even know a third series was in the works.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first series, but I thought the second was a bit repetitive. I'll probably read the new one, but I'll have to get a bit of a refresher on what went on before. Anyone know where I can find a good synopsis without having to actually re-read the whole first two series?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sweet! I didn't know there could be another series since Covenant dies in the Second Chronicles. I guess death is not necessarily permanent somehow.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, there's dead and there's mostly dead. Got a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is sliced really thin? I'll tell you about it.

On topic, I'm of mixed opinion, although I'll probably bring myself to read them. The harder part is getting myself to reread that extra long exposition on leprosy in the beginning of Lord Foul's Bane.

5. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Gee BTA, spoilers? :p

Don't matter to me, since I never managed to finished Lord Foul's Bane...though I've been meaning to go back and read that, since I so thoroughly enjoyed Donaldson's Gap series.

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I read and re-read and really liked the Covenant books during junior high and have many times thought about going back to them but never got around to it. I had heard some whispers about this before and I will probably check it out when it arrives in paperback.

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Splunge, there is a synopsis or rather "what went before" section at the start of the new book. I haven't read it yet but its on my bookshelf waiting.

At the moment you can only get it in hard back, its the most expensive book I've ever bought, but I love hardbacks so it was worth it! :D

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh, well, I guess that's kind of a spoiler, but the fact that he dies in the second trilogy isn't really very important to the story; it's more the manner of his death that's important. :)

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    What can I say, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to yank a mod's chain. So ban...er...sue me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.