1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ToB a bit buggy

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Morkai, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Morkai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i recently wiped my hard drive and reinstalled TOB and it has been very buggy. All of the buttons at the bottom of the screen dont work properly and anything put into the quickslots are automatically used. I really want to play ToB but this bug literally makes it impossible. FYI I only have the offical SoA and ToB patches installed

Thanks

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Strange, that's the first time I hear of that happening...

3. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Try a reinstall, but DONT install the SOA patch. You shouldn't need it- in fact it shouldn't let you install it. What OS are you using?

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Correct me if I'm wrong (not that THAT'S ever happened before :D ), but if you have TOB installed, I don't think you're supposed to install the SOA patch.

Anyway, you might want to try installing the Baldurdash fixpack as well. If that doesn't work, uninstall everything, reinstall SOA, TOB, TOB patch, and Baldudash (in that order).

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Are you trying to play a game that you saved before the wipe?

It shouldn't matter if the SoA patch is installed or not (since ToB adds that on anyway).

6. Morkai Gems: 1/31

I'm not using a previous save game. And for the SoA patch I installed SoA, tried the game determined the bug was there installed the SoA patch the bug still persisted, installed ToB same deal then I patched ToB and still problems. BTW im using windows XP and the game previously work fine before the wipe.

7. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse?

8. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

When you say wiped your hard drive, you mean you reformated it? If so, there shouldn't be any residual files in any game directories. Normal uninstall doesn't get rid of files it did not install, such as some override files, exported characters, saved games, etc.

What OS are you using? Assuming you reformated, did you get all the updates for your OS? How about reinstalling all the latest drivers for your video and sound cards? If you reformated, you've got a lot of things to bring back up to speed before reinstalling the game.

Assuming you've done all that, run "dxdiag" from your run line and try disabling DirectDraw and Direct3D (they are under the "display" tab). Those can cause all kinds of odd problems with the Inifinity Engine.

How much video RAM do you have? Is it shared with the system RAM? Try shutting off anything you have running in the background that might be sucking up your video memory or weighing down your processor performance.

9. Morkai Gems: 1/31

I'm running XP I have done all the Windows updates my system is a 2.53ghz p4 with 1 gig of ram and a 128mb geforce4. I do have a wireless keyboard/mouse (Logitech MX Duo) and the latest drivers for everything. aswell I manually deleted the blackisle program folder. I also disbled directdraw and direct 3d and no change.

10. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Wow. It should work fine. Maybe you have a corrupt patch? Try SoA by itself (no patch), then if it works, install ToB but no patch. If that works, then try the fresh ToB patch. At least that will help you figure out precisely where the problem is.

Did you use the default name for the folder into which you installed the game? Are any of your disks scratched?

11. Morkai Gems: 1/31

been there done all that aswell. im no novice to troubleshooting but this solution escapes me and its pi$$ing me off

12. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Wireless keyboards being wonky is a known issue for BG2. Check this thread at the Bioware support forums.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.