1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Too many women in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Harbourboy, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

According to this article ( http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10331380 ), New Zealand has an oversupply of women! So any of you men who can't find one in your country, come down here!

Apparently, we have one of the highest women to men ratios in the world! What are you waiting for? I always thought it was paradise here - now I know why.

2. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I thought it was New Zealand (or was it Australia?) where the sheep to human ratio is very large. Hence, the saying, "New Zealand: Where men are men and sheep are scared. ;) Sorry, HB. Couldn't help it.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Harbourboy, I'm too lazy. Send some up here.

Charlie, isn't that Wales you're describing.

*runs from Welshmen* I was joking!

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Daie d'Malkin:

If you're English, it's a Welsh joke. If you're an Aussie, it's a joke about New Zealand.

You bastards! I go to an Uni that does purely Science & Engineering subjects ... so there's about a 2:1 ratio of men:women! Seriously, HB, is there are a few going spare, Imperial College needs them!

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The same goes for Sweden, and i prefer those above the Kiwi girls. :D

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Send some to Canada. We could use some hot chicks from the southern side of the world. :thumb:

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Sounds like good news for all the ugly men in NZ! ;)

ps: Not that they're all ugly

8. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Harbourboy, the only problem I have with your post is the statement that NZ has too many women. You can never have too many women.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only problem is that all the excess women are 55+ of age. Up to about 55 years of age there is an excess of men pretty much everywhere. Then we men die sooner than women and in the older age brackets women outnumber men to a great degree. Thus the larger amount of women than men. More boys are born and we consistently die more often than women and around the age of 50 and up enough men have died to make women the majority and that majority just keeps getting bigger. So unless you are a man who has managed to live to the age of 70 and is on hte lookout for some hot mama or just a younger man with a preference for older experienced women the excess of females really doesnt help us. :(

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Can you provide proof of that? The ratio of women to men under 30 here is about 1.5:1. The same is true throughout most of the United States.

The birthrate of females is actually higher than the birthrate of males. This has a basis in biology. One man can father several children in a year but women cannot give birth that quickly. Therefore, it is important for the survival of the human species that women be more common than men.

Also, men are more likely to die young in accidents than women. This just increases the number of women for every man.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do I need to remind you Harbs that you are a happily married man!!! ;)

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you have statistics for that Rastor? All the numbers I have seen have shown a 1.1:1 birthratio or something in favour of boys. Cant get the numbers now but I am fairly sure I have heard them both in biology class and from a mate who studied statistics. More boys birth would also have a basis in biology with out penchance for recklessness and getting ourselves in situations where we die.

I cannot say that I have any solid proof of these numbers but I have heard them from several sources. Might be that I am way off though.

Except for the birth rates and the fact that men die a lot more than women, here in Sweden there is a steep spike in male deaths between 18-30 and then it falls to spike again at 45 and then continue to climb, the rest of my post was mostly conjecture.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sounds nice: where can I strike a hot deal with two new zealanders and import them to here? Come to think of it, maybe I should make a visit there next time I have some extra bucks... :square:

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well - this would explain DM's prom date :)

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Maybe I might go to New Zealand instead of Switzerland...

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Is that why he's so uptight? :rolleyes:

Seriously, stick a bunch of them in a large wooden box with a few air holes and ship them up to the USA...the ratio beween ugly women and good looking women is about 10:1...and it's rising. :eek: :rolling:

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Oh, now I'm not going to leave this place!

EDIT: Har har, Aik.

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Not in the northeast ;) .

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Good one, Aikanaro. I knew there had to be a connection. :)

20. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

There is more women in the provence of Ulster, but the opposit is true in the Republic of Ireland... Usually the small villages are 75% males, and when they go to university up north, they don't know how to behave with women outside of their family :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.