1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Triggering romance dialogue

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Loogy, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Loogy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I heard there is a CLUAConsole command that can trigger romance dialoges !

Does anybody know what it is ?

2. DemoGorgon Guest

I have no idea. I have played BG2 for a long time and never gotten a romance. :(

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Demogorgon, if you play half-orc or dwarf, you dont get any romances, this might be the reason. I'm not sure about gnomes or halflings as well

as for the Console, you can learn about it here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 27, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't know of a console command to trigger dialogue. However, you can set the timer to zero which, in theory, should trigger the next dialogue. It never seemed to work for me though. I think that is because the dialogue normally depends on factors other than just time.

Also you can have a romance whatever your race by making a few very simple changes.

For more details on the time variable (with spoilers in you are romancing Jaheira I'm afraid) see:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/community/threads/jaheira-romance-warning.6131/

For romancing as any race see:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/community/threads/can-half-orcs-love.2870/

For more info on romance commands and variables, try using the search engine with keywords 'romance' and 'variable'. Alternatively, just put in 'romance' and put 'Slappy' in the Search by User Name box.

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018
  5. Loogy Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] The only race the can have a romance besides Humens,Elves and Half-Elves are......

GNOMES !

Because aerie loves Quayle so much if you choose to be a gnome you can have a romance with aerie !

6. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I had no idea! Hmm elf and gnome.. odd couple!

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually romances work for halfling race as well - I am sure here because my char has just finished the Jaheira Romance :)

8. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't even want to THINK about that.

9. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I am playing with an elf ftr/mage. I have Viconia with me and she has yet to start a dialog. What is up with that?

10. Loogy Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Viconia HATE elves, so dont even bother being an elf !
    Vinconia do only humens ! ;)

11. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*sigh* if only there was a romance with mazzy... then it would all be ok....

12. corval Gems: 5/31

that sucks for me. oh Aerie.........

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Viconia has has a romance with Half-elves.

14. corval Gems: 5/31

does charisma effect romances?

15. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31

I am unhappy about the corny crap I must say to win Aerie's heart. I am sure Viconia could be swayed only by being a beefcake. And I must say the only one worth swaying.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.