1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tutu?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Laiwethel, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hey all,

I've been considering dowloading Tutu, but I know very little about it. Do you love it? Hate it? Should I not bother with it?

Also, what mods are compatible with it?

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I have it, and love it...I recommend using EasyTutu :) to download it.

All Wiedu mod are compatible, although check with the specific mods if anything. I have some mods and I don't or haven't had any problems with it.

As for the use, well basicly not only the higher resolution but bieng able to use all the avalible kits on BG2... is BG1 using the BG2 engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Should I uninstall all my Weidu (BG2) mods before installing Tutu or will I be alright just installing Tutu on top of everything?

4. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

Ideally, both installations (BG1 and BG2) should be clean: patched, and with Baldurdash fixpacks and game text updates installed.

Check out Pocket Plane Group and The Gibberlings Three, the two best sources of high-quality Tutu-oriented mods.

5. Maurolava

As Macready said have BG1 and BG2 install first and patched, then install EasyTutu and then put the other (BG2) mods. :)

6. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Cool, thanks for the info.

Off I go to get Tutu installed :D

EDIT: Will mods like Kelsey, Ascension, DBG and the like be compatable with Tutu?

[ February 25, 2006, 23:13: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

7. Maurolava

Yes, yes and yes... there all good! ;)

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Great! Now for some fun. :evil:

9. Maurolava

Good luck

10. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

No, no and no. They are all three entirely BG2-specific. The only thing "BG2" about Tutu is the game engine -- all of the content is BG1.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Heyy what's the difference with Tutu and Easytutu? I've downloaded and installed the normal Tutu and the game runs fine.

12. Maurolava

@Macready-

Sorry, what I ment by saying yes to all is because I know that they are BG2 only, so it would not affect Tutu anyway.

13. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

* EasyTutu is easier to install
    * EasyTutu is independent of BG1, allowing you to uninstall BG1 (if desired) after EasyTutu is installed
    * EasyTutu doesn't touch your BG1 and BG2 installations, so you have access to Tutu and BG2 simultaneously
    * EasyTutu includes a number of bugfixes above and beyond what's in Tutufix (see the EasyTutu change log for details on exactly what sort of fixes)

All that having been said, if you currently have a stable Tutu up and running, and especially if you are already in mid-game, stick with what you have. You can give EasyTutu a look next time around.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Whoa, wait a sec. I knew it didn't touch your BG2 installation (from your comments in another thread), but it doesn't touch your BG1 install either? If that's the case, I may just try it out after all...

15. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

@Fel: Yeah go for it, I'm working on it also :)
    Se this nice thread Macready did a fine job here. I wondered why I havn't seen you making any postings there ;)

16. Felinoid

Because Tutu is a poor replacement for vintage BG1. :p But if I can have functioning versions of both at the same time, it might actually be worth the download.

EDIT:
    No, the graphics in BG1 are much better IMO. But this is hardly the place for such a discussion. We're getting off-track as it is.

[ February 26, 2006, 04:36: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

17. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yeah, but the graphics are somewhat lacking - don't you think?

18. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Correct. EasyTutu touches them in the sense of pulling things from them to assemble a working Tutu installation, but it doesn't write a single byte to either installation.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this point. :)

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@Fel, I know you are particular about your games, but I encourage you to try Easy Tutu. You can still play both games normally and it adds the good from BG2 to the best game, BG1. It installs easy and uninstallls easily too.

[ February 27, 2006, 00:01: Message edited by: Brallrock ]

20. Felinoid

After Macready's confirmation, I looked into it a bit and I will download it. I probably won't use it much (only when needed for RP purposes), but it'll be good to have options.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.