1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Twisted Rune

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Draconis, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Draconis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've read the official walkthrough and it says that you can find a note on how to reach the Twisted rune encounter on the body of Koshi(the guy you get the celestial fury from in the guarded compound) but after playnig through loads of times i've never found it!! Any ideas?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I don't recall finding any note but I think the walkthrough was referring to how it was originally designed to be. I've heard in the past that the guarded compound and the slavers were linked to the Twisted Rune somehow. But once programming the game started, I guess they dropped this level of detail.

3. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think there is a mod out there that re-links this, making the only rogue stone capable of opening the Twisted Rune the one found in the guarded compound.

Not sure which mod it is though.

4. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You have right. I checked shadowkeeper for all items and found a note, summoned it and it sttod about the twisted rune and how to reach the place. Think they were enemies with koshi. You now the quest about human flesh. When you buy book of zentarim and stuff, and later attacks the guy that sold the book or something. (dont remember), then he will go in to the taweren and meet up with some twisted rune guys. Dont remember so much, but what connection did he got with them?

5. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Well, Draconis, I've read somewhere on a website that the designers of BG II wanted more time to connect their plot points more clearly. The example they provided was the TR, the slavers, and the guarded compound. Originally, they were realated, but after time constrictions were enacted, it could not be done. As for your guide, maybe it was published before the final version was released. Don't worry too much about this, because your father Abazigal wants you to stay home and defend it. So you'll probably never end up leaving to find the Twisted Rune anyway.

6. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The official walkthrough also says that on the body of the mage in the Gauarded Compound is a Staff of Rynn+4. I know it is not much good but I cant seem to find it anywhere in the Compound. Also the note is not on Koshi's body.

What does the Twisted Rune/Guarded Compound have to do with the plot of the story?

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Originally it was planned to connect the twisted Rune with the guarded compound in some way. Due to the lazyness of BIS that never happened. So there is no connection between the quests.

As for the staff of Rynnn +4 - there is none. It can only be bought in Ribald's Adventurers Mart. The official walkthrough is wrong there. Why do you read this official crap anyway when SP offers anything you might want to know?

8. Draconis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanks for the help guys! I bought the guide before I discovered this excellent site and was imediatly be-headed by Abazigal for my foolishness!!!

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ragusa, the lazyness was on Bioware's side.

BIS is hardly guilty for any inconsistence in BG2, plus don't forget that some fixes on SoA part that are contained in official ToB patch are included because JDG from BIS pressed Bioware to make those.

10. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] BIS, Bioware, WoTC - all the same to me - I let my sword decide who's to blame!

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Perhaps, mister, perhaps. But when you find the same lame things in NWN you won't have such variety of possibilities to blame.

12. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Your optimism is admirable. Maybe the old saying "What takes long gets well ... eventually!" is still valid ... :D What a disappointment that would be ... :p

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Actually that would be a disappointment only for me in this forum. But that is the only case I would like to be disappointed. However, after I saw Lusk's link to new "awsome elementals!" wallpaper, I don't believe I'll be disappointed.

[EDIT]
    BTA = funkiller :p

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 21, 2002).]

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] All right you two, the topic is "Twisted Rune", stick to it!

[Edit]
    Extremist: :p ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 21, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.