1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Twisted Rune

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Carpos the Conjurer, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Carpos the Conjurer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there any place in Athkala that I can find the rogue stone. I was told that the storekeep in Maevar's guild had one, but I didn't find it there. Anyone know where to find one?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you're up for the fight, take on the gang in guarded compound in the Temple Area. They had one last time I fought them.

3. Xyphys Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, this is not in Athkatla, but you can find a Rogue Stone in the Temple Ruins for sure. There are further more three Stones that can be found in Chapter 4. If you are lucky, you may find one as a random treasure.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

There is one in Mae'Var's guild. Second story. Room west doors to test a thieves' lockpicking skills.

5. Velcro Gems: 1/31

Besides just accidentally :D bumping into the Twisted Rune entrance, or knocking down ever door in Athkala :evil: . Is there any in game context lead that sends you to the twisted rune? :confused:

We never came across one.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Not at all.

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @C'Jakob - Sorry, but I think you are wrong. The rogue stone found in the guarded compound (or at least the one I found) after the fight is not the standard rogue stone when you read the item description. I forget exactly what it says, but it does give a clue towards the Twisted Rune.

When I get home tonight from work, I'll try to find the description and edit this post to include it, unless someone else beats me to it.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe it's one of the various mods out there that makes the connection, and makes the rogue stone found in the guarded compound the only one that will open the portal.

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I thought the shopkeeper sells a Rogue Stone. Unless you killed him already of course.

10. Carpos the Conjurer Gems: 1/31

Sorry guys, I am lost, I don't know which guarded compound that you are talking about in the Temple region.

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

IIRC, it is in the Southeast area of the Temple District.

12. Carpos the Conjurer Gems: 1/31

C'Jakob, is there a particular name for it or is it just an area you have to explore?

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31

I don't believe it is marked on your map. However, when you enter the building, two wizards should confront you and warn you not to enter. If you do proceed, they attack you when you reach the second story.

14. Firkraaq Gems: 1/31

What those rogue stones do??
    I have never found one anywhere.

15. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hehe, not much you can do with rogue stone besides selling it for 1,5k gold iirc... btw, in Sahuagin city you can really get piles of gold for gems, iirc rogue stone went for 4k :)

other than that you need a single rogue stone to enter a secret door in bridge district and face perhaps the toughest group of critters in the whole game. Mind you, I was sooooo scared the first time...

You are bound to find more than one rogue stone as you play thru the game, so you can sell them all and save one if you feel up to a good fight :)

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Originally, there was supposed to be a massive quest with the Tanner, the skinners, that eventually culminated with the Twisted Rune, but it was never implemented.

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I'm sure C'Jakob is correct, IIRC in the docks district there is a rogue stone available from one of the thieves guild merchants. Great way to make money if you invested in the pickpocket/shoplift skill ;) Thats where I remember picking one up from anyway. If it's not for sale it's found in the district somewhere.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.