1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unanswered Star Wars Questions (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 18, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Inspired by someone's post somewhere else in Whatnots. I have many, but I can only think of an obvious one at the top of my head.

Why the hell didn't Anakin go search for his mother as soon as he was able to. Like, years ago!?

I mean, I totally didn't get it. He needed his mother to practically die before he'd move his ass and find out what happened to his own mother who was sold into slavery? Uh... :hmm:

2. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Because then he did not have the choice, he was under the guidance of his master, and being the little brat that he is i doubt Obi-wan let him out the house!

My question: why does Yoda still use his stick when we can all see that he is perfectly capable of moving freely?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Wouldn't let him rescue his own enslaved mother? I don't think so. I'll wait for a more believable explanation. (If there is one that actually makes sense, that is.)

He probably uses the stick so that he doesn't have to use the force at every step. Obviously he's using it when figthting to fly around in the air and such.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 18, 2002).]

4. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yoda prolly uses the stick mainly for appearences as well. If you came across a little green dude leaning on a stick, would mark him as a Jedi Master and a master swordsman?

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I certainly would and so would anyone else who'd seen RotJ, Ep 1, or Ep 2. so there :p

6. Soompta Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i have a question

when Anakin finds his mother and shes dead , he goes and kills all those creatures that captured her mother ... he claims he killed all of them . But then how come (if im not mistaken) those creatures appeared in either episode 4 5 or 6 .. im sure of it

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Soompta: When he says he killed all of them, he means that he killed all of the Tuskan Raiders who were in that camp. The ones in A New Hope are the same race as the ones Anakin killed, but a different tribe.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yoda probably uses his cane because he needs too. His body is probably just that old. Even though he can use the force when he needs to, it's probably a strain that he doesn't *have* to deal with. Hence, he just uses the cane.

And Anakin has been 'training' for the past 10 years. Tatooine is out in the BFE region of whatever galaxy they are in. Extended vacation is what you have to mark off for when you head out to Tatooine.

What I want to know is, if Yoda is all that, why does Dooku squint at the tower and break it off the support, whereas Yoda has to grunt/strain/hyperventilate? Deflecting an object takes less power/Force than levitating an object. Are his reflexes/IQ in serious need of work?

9. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yoda probably uses his cane for the same reason Emperor Palpatine did, for appearances only. (Like Tal said)
    Riddle me this: Why is it risky for Anakin to start studying to be a Jedi when he's 8 because he's "too old," and it's okay for Luke when he's like 20?

10. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Well Yoda did say that Luke was too old (in Empire) but since that boy was their only hope...

(no, there is another :rolleyes:)

As for Anakin - No I don't think the Jedi would allow him to go to rescue his own mother. Bunch of stuck-up twits (remind me of the paladins) that hold to their traditions and customs, living in their safe little cocoon, afraid of emotions. Well in the end it is the emotions that win the day.

I can't wait for episode three, some serious jedi-killing is expected eh?

PS An alternative explanation is that this makes for a better script and that we should be thankful for every little bit helps...

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Supposedly, Anakin had no way of knowing what peril his mother was in and had no reason to worry for her until his premonitions began. Since the Jedi training is supposed to be accompanied by total lack of external stimuli, they wouldn't allow him to leave as he might regret the decision to become a Jedi. Even if they knew what was going to happen, they couldn't let him leave due to "The Prophecy". Which we have yet to hear or get an explanation for.

12. I thought it was kinda funny that Anakin wakes up and all of a sudden saves his mother in 5 minutes. In my opinion they tried to stuff too much plot into that story.
    How come Obi Wan is so great but he can't even watch his own back by some huge insects but can watch his back while 80,000 robots attack him??

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited May 20, 2002).]

13. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Anakin couldn't save his mother years ago because years ago, she didn't need saving. If I remember correctly she'd had been captured for only a couple of weeks.

14. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] i doubt that yoda uses his stick because of differential 'costs' to using the force for physical movements (deflecting/levitating). it's probably purely to make appearances deceiving, comedy value (it was funny) or both. :alien:

the concept of the force before ep1 was so much better than when lucas attempted to 'explain' what was previously a chi energy-like idea with crappy pseudo-science. :square:

15. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Um, didn't need saving? She was a slave even back then. When a sibling is free and has a chance to liberate his mother I'd think that would be the first thing on his mind.

Talk about plot holes...

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Sibling? You mean offspring (the spawn of Shmi :D)?

Anyway, how did he have a chance to liberate his mother? Buy her? Steal her? But as I said the Jedis would never allow him (inhibited twats)

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What I wonder is how many of all the Jedis that were at Genesis. They said they should send all the jedis they could muster. There were about 100 jedis there give or take a few, most of them died. Was that a BIG chunk out of all existing jedis or are there still a couple of hundred left?

18. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] even though vader probably didn't know he'd spawned little jedi kids (by ep4), isn't it a bit of a risk to have allowed luke to keep the surname 'skywalker' and bring him up on vader's planet in the home of his half-brother? :evil: (luke lars would've been better...)

"and now young lars, you will die!" -frank

19. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Joacqin: at the start of Episode 2, there are about 10,000 jedi in the galaxy. There are 200 jedi on Geonosis. I would imagine that those jedi are the jedi who were at that time on Couruscant, or within a short distance of Coruscant, and were able to get there quickly.

20. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Crazy, man; just crazy!

So, the Guy in Black has to hunt down 9,900+ jedi in Episode 3 (figuring under a hundred got whacked in the arena)?

James Earl Jones might have to have vocal chord surgery after that many lines.

"Die, Jedi!"
    "You are spittle beneath my boot, Jedi!"
    "I will crush you, Jedi animal!"
    "Your life ends here, Jedi!"
    "Another Jedi bites the dust!"
    "Feel the power of the Schwartz, Jedi scumm!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.