1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Uncontrollable Slayer Transformation

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Asagiri121, May 16, 2001.

1. Asagiri121 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] After being capture by irenicus in Spellhold you have the dream and you meet "Bhaal" your supposed to be able to kill him in front of Imoen and i was only able to bring him to "near death" before the second imoen dialogue kicks in and the dream ends. Now after seeing Bohdi and transforming, everythime i goto sleep i'm turning into the Slayer. Somebody help me, please!!!!!!!!!!

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

dont sleep as much, if your that far into spellhold the exit is like 2 feet away.

3. Asagiri121 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

well i've only slept once since then and that was because the whole party suddenly decided they were tired and needed rest. But thanks for the advice.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, after I found my main char smashing lovely Arie and Minsc one game, I prefer to sleep in a room of my own now whenever I´m in spelhold ... ;)

At least I have a door open and someone with boots of speed so they can close it at need *fast*

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] sleep in a seperate room is my advice as well. I remember being in starting of the romance with aerie, and I was turned into the slayer, she called me a monster and kind of stuff, then she said she wouldn't believe it or someting. Not very cool shredding your potentiel significant other

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

well i was being sarcastic in my responce earlier, sorry... but if you HAVE TO sleep, there is a room with like 4 orbs in it, one of those orbs heals, have everyone sleep farther from your main char and put your tank in the circle in the middle, now when he changes to slayer he will attack your tank, now send someone to the orb that heals and heal the person hes attacking as much as needed. The orb has an unlimited ammount and you can use it as often as possible, the slayer will change back within 30 seconds.

[This message has been edited by IronEagle (edited May 17, 2001).]

7. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What's this orb thingy. I never saw it in any of my games where is it??

Also the best way to rest is to put a door between you and your party. This way, when you rest you'll turn Slayer but you can't get to your party to attack them so nothing happens.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

In the room a few steps before you meet Bodhi, there are 4 orbs at the wall. 2 positive and 2 negatives... 1 heals and one hastes you.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Interesting...
    I've been through Spellhold twice now, and both missed the orbs and sleeping and turning into the Slayer. I'll have to keep an eye out for those next time.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ahem, Big B....

How did you pass Bodhi then?

11. shadow_thief Guest

i remember the orbs now too. oh yea
    i never slept in spellhold.

12. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

what do the 2 othernegative orbs do? i dont seem to remember

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Started from the most left one the orbs do these effects:
    slow
    heal
    haste
    lightning

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I just got an idea, maybe it works.... When you cast slow on the main character (with the orb) and then go to Bodhi, and you'll turn into the slayer, maybe you're slowed so you can't damage the others in your party. And when you have to sleep in the Spellhold Asylum, maybe this works too...

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Now this is what I did when needed to sleep. I put my party in one room near the wall, and my hero I sent to next room near the same wall. And I hit rest. Hero turned into slayer, but wasn't able to see others in party so noone was hurt.

Also, when I aproached the area with Bodhi, I left the whole party behind except the hero.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.