1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark Problems

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Brega, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I was in the underdark and was entering the Drow city, but everyone just attacked me! Adalon had cast her spells on my party but still that happened! Has that happened to anyone else?

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    < was level 21 when he cut his way through the drow city

but they attacked me because i attacked them :D

[This message has been edited by Shoshino (edited August 08, 2001).]

3. Brega Gems: 6/31

But this was really weird because the gateguy told me i could enter, but still they just got totally red and jumped me, those spider-sucking bastards!

4. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i odnt know, maybe its a bug, i havent had that problem ever

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Perhaps you gave him bad information? IIRC Adalon tells you what house you should tell them you are from... Perhaps you told the guard the wrong one and made them suspicious.

6. Brega Gems: 6/31

No, i said was that Nasadran

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A few members already asked why that happened... And all of them said just the same - that they said what they should.

It seemed like bug, but noone gave the exact details:
    1. The whole speech - did you talked as Viconia (ruthless) or you talked as ordinary surfacer
    2. Who were your party members
    3. Did you enter the City when the talk was over, or you explored Underdark some more
    4. Did you quick saved the game when the talk was over - but before you entered the city

The true reason remains unrevealed until someone finally posts answer to these few questions. And I DO NOT believe that it is a bug.

8. Brega Gems: 6/31

I just said i was Veldrin out of Ched Nasad.
    My party members were:Anomen,Minsc,Keldorn,Jan and Valygar.
    And, No, i went directly in to Ust'Natha.

[This message has been edited by Brega (edited August 08, 2001).]

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Hmmm, you haven't answered the quicksave question! But nm, I guess, here it is all...

Possible answers to drow at the gate and results:

1. I am BREGA, from the lair of Adalon!
    - city becomes hostile

2. Please, I beg of you, allow me entry. I am the humble Veldrin from Ched Nasad.
    - city becomes hostile

3. I am your death if I am not allowed entry! Move aside!
    - city becomes hostile

4. I am Veldrin, from the city of Ched Nasad. (if you're male)
    - city becomes neutral

5. Stand down, male worm! I am Veldrin from the city of Ched Nasad. Let me pass! (if you're female)
    - city becomes neutral

If you don't meet Solaufein inside the city within 3 days - the city becomes hostile.

Btw, I hope you haven't killed that drow that escaped before you when you came near the city...

----------------------------------

BUT, if you think from this that city shouldn't be hostile, use console and type this inside BEFORE you enter the drow city:
    SetGlobal("DrowCityHostile","GLOBAL",0)

10. Brega Gems: 6/31

Oh, i did kill that fleeing Drow bastard, because he was red.

11. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] You're screwed

12. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

He shouldn't be (screwed). I killed that guy too. Well, I waited until the Drow at the gate couldn't see me, but I killed him nonetheless....

13. Brega Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Well, i have played through that area tons of times before, but i have never encountered this problem before. I will just have to play the game all over again!

14. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well you don't have to start over again. You could kill Adalon and get her scroll that will allow you to leave.

15. Brega Gems: 6/31

Naw, i would not kill a good dragon, wait, can't i just massacre Ust'Natha and take the eggs?

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Yes, you can massacre...

Also, you can go to locked door and bribe the drow party that keeps the way locked - if you're still under drow looking spell of course.

17. Brega Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Thanx everyone! Now i will most certainly butcher the whole lot of them!!

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Errrrr, ever heard of Yngwie Malmsteen?

Nail them as he would destroy his guitar!

19. Brega Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Yep, i will sure do!

20. Thorr Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I was ready to post a topic almost on the same subject, I was inside of the drow city, I made some quest, and I went in Beholder City after the eye. Inside, I think I accidentaly killed a friendly drow (it was green ???) from a group of 4-5 who fight a beholder. After that, when I go back in Ust Natha, the city was ostile.

Now come a Role-Playing question: if I killed all the bastards from Beholder City, who reveal me? They had radio stations or something? :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.