1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark Problems

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jarlaxle, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Jarlaxle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think i've run into some serious errors in the underdark with Pheare's quests.
    I've already played the game through one and a half times and i'm now playing for the second time through. well i reached the underdark and did all the side quests and mini dungeons before entering Ust Natha. It's been a long time since i played the last game through so i can't remember how the quest went. i saw on another post about a quest to retrive a beholder eyestalk and a quest to get mind flayer blood or some such. i saw on the post that Solaufein was present for those quests. well i already have both items but i'm already to the point where Phaere wants me to kill Solaufein. Did I do something out of order or should I just keep playing and those quests will appear?
    Also about killing Solaufein, i'm evil would it be to my benifit to kill him or to save him to get his decoy eggs?
    thanks all.

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Eh no. Solaufein is present for the first two - minor - quests only. After that you are left on your own.
    Those items are required for the last quest, given to you by the matron mother.
    Wanna be forced to fight a Silver Dragon? Spare Sola and atleast you have an option if you can't manage to rid yourself of that obnoxious bitch.

3. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No! Don't kill that drow guy. He's the only one who can help do the dragon egg quest correctly. You get 75,000 XP per character (That's 75,000 x 6 = 450,000 XP!!!) for geting the silver dragons eggs back. That's way, way, way more XP than killing her. That is the most XP you get from any quest in the game I think.

If you want the silver dragon blood to make the flesh armor (This would only be needed if your evil main character used leather armor only, like a thief, or maybe an evil druid after Hell), then try pickpocketing her in her human form. You get a few seconds after she warps you to the enterance to the surface. If your main character is a thief you should have high skills but you may still need potions to buff up.

:cool:

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Actually there are several ways to do the quest "correctly" (i.e. return the real eggs to Adalon) even if you kill Sola. And if you have an evil PC and aren't powergaming, you'll get an interesting choice to make at the ritual if you have the real eggs with you.

Regardless of what you do with Adalon, you can still exit the Underdark. So if for some reason (hint hint :) ) you don't have the eggs, don't go to Adalon but head directly to the Underdark exit. You can convince the drow there to open the door for you without Adalon's help.

5. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If you want to convince the Drow, you'd lose a chance to kil Adalon for Adalon's blood and get lots of moral satisfaction.

But if you'd go there, you'd need a Cha of more than 18. Just 18 wouldn't work. :(

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    True, but in this game having Cha of more than 18 is easy. Ring of Human Influence SETS it to 18, and then all you need is one of the many CHA-enhacing items found throughout the game (Blade of Roses is excellent for this. And to think I said in another thread that it wasn't useful...). Or a Friends spell, as scrolls of that one are all over the place.

7. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I remember how I didn't know that first time and there were no Cha-rising items around. Had to go back and kill Adalon. :(

8. The_Swordalizer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Give the eggs to the demon! :cool:

That was fun as my Evil Sorcerer...

That'll teach that silver biyatch to talk to me like scum :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.