1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underdark question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by cotman68, Apr 19, 2001.

1. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

do I have to do the mindflayer tunnels and the Kua-toa tunnels before returning SOME blood to the queen?

i.e. --I want the girdle of frost giant strength, but I would rather pop into the beholder lair, get the eyestalk, finish the egg quest and then leave via the kua toa tunnels (getting the girdle on the way out).

I am actually NOT interested in doing the mindflayer dungeon at all..........

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You don't NEED to, you only miss out on THE GREATEST (for me ;) ) WEAPON IN THE GAME! Just be sure you don't have a long sword wielding bladesinging Kensai, he may take it personally that you refused to even TRY and get him the EQUALIZER :D hehe. But seriously, it was fun to do it. The only thing that made it difficult was my 2 int. kept dying from the drain :)

3. caleb Banned

I only had time to do the kua toan and the beholder dungeon before phaere showed up and blew my disguise.If you have to choose take the mind flayer and beholder dungeons first then do the kua toan one when adalon warps you there.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Huh?! Whaddya mean showed up and blew your disguise? That only happens in the end when you grab the eggs and kill the matron and phaere or the aboleth reveals you (though it never did that to me coz I got the brain) You need to kill the elder eye upon entry to the beholder cave and get to the last area in the mindflayer cavern in order to retrieve the last 2 parts of the EQUALIZER!

5. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I don't think I did the mindflayer dungeon for the Equalizer. I think it ain't so cool as it should be(Celestial fury be mutch better). I did it for tha fun and the excitement 'cause Illithids 're so though n annoying.

6. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I think that Phaere showing up wasn't to blow your disguise it was because you took too long with the tasks set before you.

I took a page out of Tal's book my 2nd time through there. I did the 3 dungeons BEFORE going to see Adalon and entering the drow city. This meant that when it came time to be sent out ot get them I was able to say "I've already got them" :D

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Hehe me too :D It's a damn shame we didn't get extra experience from acquiring all 3
    -Chance Favors the prepared mind-

8. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

sure does,
    btw just use potion of genius, yer fighter can use that right, it'll keep ye alive :D

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

And to actually answer the question asked, no, you don't have to do the egg quest first. Heck, you can even exit underdark, go do whatever you want to and then come back for whichever dungeon you missed. Just don't kill Irenicus or you can't come back. And keep that savegame before entering the Illithid dungeons (if you want to enter, that is), might be hard to get out otherwise.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.