1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

US Open

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So, Rory McIlroy managed to make up for his truly epic (some say Normanian) collapse at the Masters with a wire to wire whoop-ass on the US Open. People calling him the next Tiger Woods (hopefully not THAT way).

Good to see that he wasn't mentally destroyed by choking the Masters. Nice victory with all kinds of records.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I fully expected him to choke massively at some point, even when 8 shots clear on the last day. He never though, and played some blinding golf. His shot on the 10th was out of this world. The European Tour is really dominating golf at the moment.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That's definitely true. There's not a single American that you would say is dominant at this point. The same is also true with tennis (as I'm sure we'll see again at Wimbeldon). Of course, there hasn't been a truly dominant American in the tennis world since Sampras/Agassi.

4. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

I didn't get to watch much of it but I was delighted to see him put the Masters behind him. I thought a collapse like that would have left scars but he flew threw it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.