1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Valen issues

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by samuel, Jan 17, 2006.

1. samuel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am playing an Evil Party with Valen and need her to stop killing everything. I have told her to stop but she still will attack certain people. The D'Arnise Keep is not going well as she has already killed the old family retainer in the 1st room (forget his name) and keeps picking a fight with Nalia's aunt (not that the old bag doesnt need killing) and her bodyguard. I decided to rescue them but not talk to Nalias aunt (as this triggers the fight) but just go on to Torgal et al. Can I do this and just report back to Nalia or do I need to dialogue with the aunt to free her? If so ,and Valen kills her, does this precipitate a fight with Nalia and her soldiers and if so does this mean I lose the fighter stronghold?
    Valen is very tricky to play , everyone wants to kill her and although she is a great scout (she can clear a dungeon level on her own) her weaknesses and enemies will make things very tough. Any advice from Valen vets would be appreciated.

2. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Killing Nalia's aunt won't affect your ability to complete the quest or get the fighter stronghold. She shouldn't even comment on it.

3. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can never completely stop Valen from randomly killing some people. Weimer coded her that way.

4. Aahz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Valen tips? Move her in range of enemies and turn off auto-pause. You'll win.

While she does make you play evil (I mean after all, she's a vampire. Shouldn't you be rather evil to begin with in taking her?), she is more than capable of handling any sticky situation her tendencies get her into. Before long, her level drain will be so high as to turn to biggest boss into mere fodder. Let's hope you have some elements of Tactics installed, eh? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.