1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia alignment change - when?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Takara, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    O.k I've looked about and this has never been answered to my satisfaction. I'm romancing Viconia and I know her alignment is supposed to change. The thing is... when?
    When she offered to get back together and sleep with you I told her it wasn't right yet. Then when Yaga Shura was defeated she talked about how glorious the slaughter was. I said that was horrible, then picked the dialogue about killing never pleasing me. She said she will try to understand or some such.
    Thing is she hasn't changed alignment like some say she will, and I've waited for ages and she hasn't said a thing. Is the next stage dependent on an event, or have i messed up some where?

[ April 06, 2004, 11:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well, you should be getting a dialogue with her about change. Tell her that you would like to see her change, and she becomes neutral. If you know how to use the console, you can speed things up, but the best advice I can give is to just keep playing and eventually you'll get it.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Never bothered with that, myself, since I have never refused that "I cast my white flag before you on my knees" ;)

So, do like I do; take SK and set her alingment to "Chaotic Good" and make her sorcerer. :D If you don't want to resort to SK, hopefully you have the latest ToB-patch installed?

4. Takara

Media:
    I don't really want to resort to SK. Afterall it should be possible without it. I do have the latest TOB patch. The reason I'm concerned is because I don't want to keep slogging through TOB only to find I have to repeat it all if I want to change her alignment naturally.

5. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I recently experienced Viconia alignment change -this occured not long after the Yag Shura slaughter comments - I think I'd got to the smuggler's cave. These events happen in real time I think. So you can leave the game running for a while and come back and find the next speach on your return.
    Bear in mind I had only just levelled to 25 with Viconia and received her (un)holy symbol - for her. As she was previously evil, as soon as she changed alignment this item was greyed and unusable. So you may wish to hold back until the change before advancing her this high.

6. Takara

Media:
    You were right. I got the dialogue in amkethran, except it didn't go as expected.She asked if I wanted her to change, I said yes, then she said she couldn't. Now I'm really confused. Should I have selected different dialogues before?

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

What advantages are there to Viconia's alignment change? I see the disadvantage in that she can't use her holy symbol but there doesn't seem to be any real benefit to it.

8. Takara

Media:
    She will apparently get a holy symbol for a T-N alignment, so there is no drawback there. Also I'm playing N-G so I want my reputation to get higher without her whinging all the time.

9. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31

Veteran

Try downloading the Romance Guide from this site. It should give you the correct details - I seem to remember you have to keep giving good aligned answers to her questions.
    You could always use SK - if your conscience can deal with it.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Somehow I got two helm symbols for Viconia, I forget how, but by then she was true neutral. I think it might have been a glitch.

11. Takara

Media:
    I've finally cracked it. I went back to my save before talking about sleeping together and tried a minor correction on the dialogues. Then the dialogue i got in amkethran allowed the change. It was such a minor thing too. I'm fed up with all this romance uncertainty. I think I'm going to compile a romance FAQ for TOB. You guys will hopefully be able to check it out in about a month-2months.

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Congratulations, now you got her neutral. If your game progresses like mine, now you will have multiples of the same conversation where you tell viconia what love is. I have no idea how to disable it, because it's really annoying...

13. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31

Veteran

I think this happens when you get to the end of a particular NPC's interaction, it has happened with Korgan and Viconia now. I've probably told her I love her more times than my wife over the last few days.

14. Telcontar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hahahaha.... ok, so i know now what shall i do, when i get there....

15. LTA Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dam! looping dialougs!!!!!!!!
    I got the same probelm as well.

Basically, this is similar to that looping romance dialouge from SOA with Jaheira... thank god for Baldurdash!!!

I think the only fix for this is to use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal cheat... except I do not know what global to use. The Glboal that one would use in SOA to advance the romace doesn' work in TOB. Anyone know...?

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You've got to move through the game faster.

The romances in ToB are heavily event driven, not time driven.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.