1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia Romance problems w/ Bodhi (spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by FireWynd, Mar 10, 2004.

1. FireWynd Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Warning: I discuss some advanced plot spoilers. Proceed at your own will!

Ok I have made Viconia part of my romance. We got pretty far along, I think she only had like 4-5 more dialouges left that were programmed into BGII (I spent a lot of time doing other quests in Chapter II).

So it comes down to fight Bohdi for the second time. I enter the graveyard, she appears and takes Viconia away from me.

After some hacking / slashing in her little crypt deal, I finally meet her in that corner-dead end room with blood in the center. She has Viconia with her. We have our little chat, and Bohdi, some undead, and Viconia attack me. I have 3 really high level mages (1 was level 22 - yes I have TOB installed) and i tried over 5-6 diffrent reloads to dire charm Viconia... no success. Everytime I fight Bohdi and kill her, Viconia dies as well. I dont target her, but somehow she dies each time. I think it is part of the script.

So I take her body with me figuring it was meant to happen like that and the BG2 plot will give her back to me...

Well suffice it to say that hours and hours later I kill Irenecus and get started on TOB. Umm... yeah Viconia still isnt back in my party yet. I still have her body.

In all the NPC converstations that I had, there wasnt ever an option for her to be brought back to life. I even went to a temple and it wouldnt let me Res her. I havent tried my ressurection rod on her body yet, but i dont think that will work either (or maybe its already too late since im in TOB and her global variable scripts will be jacked for the rest of TOB)...

Anyways... Does anyone have any insight here? Where did i screw up, and how can I get Viconia back? I really want to continue the romance deal in TOB.

Thanks,
    -FireWynd

-----------------------
    -Fire never dies alone.

[ March 10, 2004, 23:06: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You can't continue the romance now that your in TOB.

You have to take Bodhi's heart and Viconia's body to the Aumanator statue in the Umar Hills quest. Where you fight the bone golem, after crossing the letter puzzle. She'd be ressurected there.

But now you've gone to far.

3. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Man, talk about a real pain. Did you read anything aboout the Vampires in that book, Vampiricus Onimbus (sp?), you get from the room opposite Bodhi's tomb?
    It'll tell ya what ta do...

4. cat_hair2000 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Why don't you use the cheats:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Viconia")

Then either ask her back into your party or press ctrl-q over her which I believe is another cheat to add her in.

There are also cheats for speeding the romance so you can continue where you left off.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's not a bug, but I ran into a similar problem my first time through the game. I was romancing Aerie and she got abducted and killed and I was unable to bring her back to life no matter what. I found the book that tells me what needs doing but as I generally didn't bother reading the books I never discovered the information.

In the end, figuring it was some kind of bug or just really really unfair, I cheated and used the CLUA console to bring her back to my party and then Shadowkeeper to bring her XP to what it was before she died.

6. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Two things. First, think logically. Since SoA and ToB are basically different games, anything you start in SoA *MUST* be finished in SoA as well. That is, with the exception of ToB content such as Watcher's Keep. Afterall, SoA is an independent game and each quest and romance etc that was originally on it was meant to be finished in it as well.

Second, don't be ashamed to take a peek into a walkthrough every now and then. It does you only good if you're playing a more complex roleplaying game, and you've no idea what to do next. Because it is quite possible (especially with the different mods out there) that if you don't know how to finish a certain task and still go on, you'll never be able to finish it. The majority of the stuff in basic BG2: SoA / ToB install is easily followed and completed so it's not that much bother. Ultimately the question is, is it worth it to risk playing an extra 40 hours and ruining the immersion because you didn't check for what was wrong in time? I say not, and I learned that the hard way. Many hard ways I might add.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I found sometimes the only difficult thing in completing a few quests is:
    Not thinking it through.

#1 You should read your Quest Journal whenever something that big happens, it'll have an update and tell you what you can do! In this case it'll tell you to ask certain people and it ends up being useless because you need the books to talk to the priest in the temple of Ogma.

#2 You just didn't think about it for a second. In this case yes, it's harder to think this through because no one knew that Amuanator was the god that could do this stuff, he's an abstract God in all of this, being as weak as he is now.

Now that you know how to complete the Viconia Quest, (and I suggest re-loading, and finishing it, it might be worth it to have her in ToB), and how to go about solving all the quests in the game, have fun! ;)

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I dare you to try that. It won't work.

The correct cheat is CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Viconi11").

I admit that I used a walkthrough to solve this quest. It is awfully confusing.

SPOILER:
    Take her body to the Temple Ruins, put it and Bodhi's Black Heart into the statue behind the letter puzzle.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.