1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Was there as much effort put into BG2 as there could have been?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by waylander, Jul 10, 2002.

1. waylander Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i know this could just be me, but i got the impression that the more i went through the game to the conclusion in tob, that i got more dissapointed with certain areas of the realm!you start in the MASSIVE city of athkatla which provides tons of quests etc...i thought"if the rest is like this then this has been £30 well spent!!" but when i got to places like the underdark i thought"is that it!!!".the potential for this game was huge, and dont get me wrong i adore it but i still feel a bit cheated in a way......

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Cheated? What were you expecting? Have you played many CRPGs? If so, then what CRPGs do you feel surpass this one and in what ways?
    This game is about as complete and interesting as any CRPG that has ever been made. I have been computer gaming for 20 years and have played an absurd number of CRPGs. There are few that can hold a candle to this one.

3. Deth Guest

I think one of the reasons that there are tons of quests in Amn is so you can get stronger so that you can survive the Underdark and after.

Just a thought. :book:

4. waylander Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i didnt say it wasnt the best.it is.what i was saying places like the underdark could have been expanded to their real potential,ust natha is the drows foremost city afterall.ive been playing crpgs the same amount of time,over 20 years,but i always want more and why not?

5. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] IMHO, i think that if there was anything more in the game, not many ppl would have the patience to play the game through!!! honestly i think that SoA-ToB is THE BEST crpg around these days.

i would very happily give the person who makes a better one my eternal praise. (if you havent caught on, thats not very likely...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.