1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Watchers keep level 3: portal broken...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by mASSIVe, Aug 18, 2001.

1. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] hi there...

i'm stuck at the 3rd level of watcherskeep...got 2 of the three stones...

now after winning the scroll of wish and winning spectral brand...i have only 3 possible choices when talking to the gambling dood...all lead to either fighting him or not playing...

i thought i should play for the 3rd stone with him? what do i need to play with him? allready cleaned/killed the whole maze...only yakman is living...

killing the gambling dood helps little...the staff is compled etc. but then the portal tells me that i need something to pass...WTF...

is it a bug? last time i played it with another party it worked just fine...

or did i missed an item (don't think so...)?

and yes...i still could pocketplane...but want to do it all :(

i tried 2 patches for tob...nothing changes...even playing with shadow keeper didn't help...

thx

ps. could someone tell me why i can't change my alignment with shadowkeeper? in hell i din't want to loose any dextery etc. and wanted +2ac bonus...so i sacrificed one of my companions (multiplayergame...so i imported the dood in the game again...).
    now i'm neutral evil...

pps. sorry for my poor english...me being german...

2. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I dont think anything is wrong, I think I had the same problem when I played TOB, but I cant exactly remember... I got the rod fixed too but something was missing i think.. not sure.. can't remember correctly.. i'm currently at a cafe and cant remember.. maybe later when i return home and have a look at my own notes ill edit this post again...

3. Tristan Gems: 2/31

When you talk to Aersgareth you have to gamble the way out with him in order to get him to gamble the stone.. If you offer anything else like exp or whatever you can only get the scroll or the sword

4. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31

:(

don't have any savegames where aersgareth offers me to gamble for the way out...

only one where i can say something like "no i don't have that item yet..."

what item??? why do i have to gamble with him...shouldn't it be possible to pass that protal with the completed rod?

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can't complete the rod without the gambler; he has one of the gems you need to complete it.

6. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31

and why can't i pass the portal with completed rod???

killing him and then completing the rod with his gem doesn't work...

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That sounds like a bug to me. I was able to pass the portal as soon as I got the last gem from the gambler.

8. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31

any idea what item is required to gamble with aersgareth?

this is taken directly from the game:

aersgareth: "i'm willing to play another game, certainly. but this i will only play for the way out of here...in exchange for the gem. what do you say?"

1. "forget it. i won't take the risk."
    2. "i'd say i'd rather kill you here and now and get it over with."
    3. "i don't actually have that item with me right now."

i have every other room of that maze turned upside down...have the 2 other gems with me...what item is he talking about...???

is there ANY other way for me going to the next level of watchers keep...

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh! You need the item (what was it a wardstone?) that those clerics gave you at the beginning to allow you to enter Watcher's Keep. You need that to use any of the doors/portals IIRC. You must have lost it.

10. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31

...arg

that stone was in a bag of holding...placed in one of the three chests @ pocketplane...

thx all...now i need to catch up...lost two days because of THAT...arg...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.