1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ways To Slay Isair and Madae

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Shadow Sword, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I'm having trouble killing Isair and Madae. I have on all my buff spells, the monks help me, and I make shure to kill the guy that summons all those guys at the beginning. I just can't seem to win. Dose anyone have any suggestions?

2. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

did you destroy their pool of radiance?

3. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Yes I did, But I havent got to the part where they use it yet.

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you have any characters with Spell Resistance? The Holy Aura spell will provide additional Spell Resistance that stacks on top. This should let you soak anything that they offer, including Madae's Blasphemies.

But if you don't, there were a couple of Anti-Magic scrolls from Dragon's Eye that could help.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Improved invisibility and stoneskin for all make that an easy fight.

6. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I have already been useing all of those exept improved invisibility :(

but, my mage dosn't know it

7. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

SS: Focus on Isair. He is the easier of the two, and you only have to beat One anyways.

Try sticking it to him with some high level Necromancy. (IE: Flay) Don't bother with a whole lot of high level summons, if you want meat shields, that's what bards are for. (The horn.. hehe)

Lots of missile weapons help, that and spells.. Try to stay away from Melee..

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shadow, that fight is fairly wicked if you don't have the "sweet" spells.

I'd seriously consider a reload, and backtracking to Kuldahar for some stuff.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not completely sure. But I've always nailed them with one of the anti-magic scrolls right at the beginning. And there's the mage that's summoning creatures off to the east, in that room. Be sure to take him out, first thing. An area effect spell might knock him down a little before you wail on him.

9. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I know about him already, I always kill him first thing :p

10. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Oh, and just a note.. you never really get to ..
    Isair or madae..

V_V

They call off the battle once one of them takes Heavey damage..

11. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] "Oh, and just a note.. you never really get to ..
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kill
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isair or madae.."

Isn't that called 'leaving it open for a possible future expansion?'

12. Arutha Gems: 5/31

No, it's called the annoying habit of denying the player the satisfaction of delivering the final deathblow.

Seems to be something the designers of the IWD and BG series are fond of.

13. Essexx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was able to win the battle on the first try! What I did was rest my people at the top level after the half-dragon battle (before I climbed down the stairs). Then I cast buff spells, casted mass haste, then mass invisibility...then went down the stairs and was transported to Isair & Madae. When the battle started, I sent my rogue and fighter after the summoner (Buvai). I had 2 "protection from magic" scrolls, which I cast immediate on Isair & Madae with my cleric and paladin. I sent my mage and bard off to the side & summoned a couple of shadows. within seconds I was able to slay the summoner and sent my fighter & Rogue to the next guy. I spread out my bard, rogue, sourcerer, cleric & palidin and all had them fire their +5 bolts, arrows, and stones at Isair. The Shadows and some monks occupied Madae while I fired at Isair and had my two other guys take everyone else out. I finished everyone off with very little damage and without Isair and Madae casting any spells. I also periodically fired some Holdfast arrows at some of the henchman to hold them down....It was a work of art!!! :)

14. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Why do you have a bard and a rouge. you could have cut out one of them to leave expantion for a different tipe of character.

15. Essexx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I made the mistake of having both a Bard and a Rogue when I origionally created my party. I was too deep into the game the start over when I realized the mistake. If I could do it over again, I would have had a druid instead of the Bard.

16. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Firing off an 'Executioner's Eyes' scroll meant my hastened tanks made mincemeat of Isair before he knew what hit him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.