1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weapons

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Yerril of Morningmist, Jan 7, 2002.

1. I received a sword for Xmas! Also, I was so impressed that I went and bought a waraxe from the same site! Anyway -

1-Does anyone else have any weapons?

2-Does anyone know where to buy scimitars in the UK?

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You dont have plans that including decapitation of select parts of the populace do you?

If not thats supecool. Do they have real edges and stuff?

3. I got to do archery the last 2 months before christmas break. Now I have the joy of fencing for the next 2 months. :p

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't have, keep, use, or do anything with weapons of any kind.
    The beauty I seek is in the nature.
    The thrill I seek is in romance.
    The sharp edge I seek is in minds.
    The possesions I seek can't be bought.

5. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

1. Yes
    2. No

6. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes, I collect weaponry. I have 2 katanas, a double edged throwing axe, a short sword, a Civil War replica saber, a basic type saber, a few folding knives, about 6 boot daggers (Queen of Hearts, and the like) some tiny bodice daggers, a dirk, and some other knives and daggers that I can't categorize. I love edged weaponry, and I am an avid collector. I still really want an extended double edged axe, a viking long sword, a kriss, the Iberian Celtic shortsword, and a basket hilted claymore.

Museum Replicas is a good place to start looking for stuff, Iberia is an excellent sword company, and they have some really really nice scimitars. Starfire is good for high-carbon steel weaponry that doesn't have edges. These companies all have good websites.

7. PowerPuff Guest

One of my flatmates has a katana. I'm spending much of my time trying not to piss her off.

Flowers are pretty, weapons are bad...

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't have any weapons myself, but I know people who do. You need to decide whether you want it to look good, or to be suitable for re-enactment; those that look good have fancy designs stamped on the blade and are very impressive, but because the blade and hilt are separate and welded together, if you try and fight with them they will come apart.

9. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well I've got a metal 'converta-staff'. Its a six foot metal bo or 'quaterstaff' if you will, which un-screws in two sections to become a 'three-section staff'. Does anyone know what that is? Wait...

::::::::::::/:::::::::::::::::/:::::::::::

Thats the quaterstaff that unscrews at the
    '/' points to become.

*&* *
    * *&*

The '&' bit is where the chains pops out from to make it a three sectioned carazy weapon. Watch Jet Li's Shaolin Temple 2 (or 1) to see it in its full g(l)ory.

(Can you tell that I'm bored?) ;)

[This message has been edited by Drunken Monk (edited January 09, 2002).]

10. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I got a couple of escrima sticks when I took Jeet Kune Do. A friend gave me a lousy sword (made in Pakistan). And then last Christmas my brother gave me a pair of nunchucks. I had given him a pocket knife the year before, so we've decided that we're going to keep giving each other weapons with the stipulation that we can't give the same weapon twice. He knows I've had my eye on a pair of sais at Champaign Army Surplus. :1eye:

Ah, family.

P.S. Extremist, I buy weapons so I can personally subdue your country.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Oh, no you won't Shralpie...

I'm not buying anything for you - Bin Laden bought it from you and now he is hunted.
    I don't need that sh*t.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a bastard sword, a Roman gladius, and a Scottish Claymore - all for home security!! :grin:

13. Silverblade Guest

I have a pretty sharp kitchen knife, does that count as a weapon?

I maybe going to purchase a katana in the near future. I love martial arts and the Japanese fighting style, that's also why I'm taking nin-jutsu.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited January 08, 2002).]

14. I have a slingshot as well, I've just remembered, its a Barnett Cobra. Very nice for killing snowmen.

15. sorvo Guest

I got a Glock 23:)

16. Totemic Druid Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] My Hunting Bow and Rifle seem lame compared to the swords

17. sorvo Guest

Not really,which would you choose if the shit hit the fan:)

18. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well I have one weapon that my growlie made for me. A cool dagger really that wraps around your hand and has two spikes out the side :)

Also he made himself a sword, throwing stars, brass knuckles, and metal num-chucks(sp?). He is quite good at it, and they are promanatly displayed in our living room. Beware all robbers :borg: :evil:

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have a calibre 12 76mm Lanber 2082 shotgun, reg. number 01918-01. I want a sword :p.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited January 09, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.