1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weekly Poll

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Aces, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Which Baldur's Gate 2 (or ToB) NPC would you vote for president?"

Great Poll!
    I voted for Minsc and he is ahead. :thumb:

I figure he's too stupid to be corrupt. :lol:

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes, I liked it as well. I voted for Edwin for his sarcasm and wit. I'd like to hear him in a live debate.

Cernd is basically the Green Party.
    Nalia is Communist? Well, at least on the Right somewhere.

Can't help thinking how terrible Anomen will be. He'd be constantly asking his advisors to make all the important decisions for him!

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Haha Minsc of course.

Can you imagine it: Boo as the first lady :lol: :grin:

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

How do you explain Bush then?

I voted Aerie.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Keldorn...

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm on the 'Sarevok or Bust...ed Lips For All" bandwagon.

7. Aces Gems: 19/31

Keldorn might be the only threat to Minsc.
    ==========================================

quote:

How do you explain Bush then?
    ===========================================

I think that is for another forum. ;)

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] I say Keldorn or Mazzy -- they'd do the right thing regardless. Minsc would screw everything up, Aerie would just cry all the time, Nalia would nationalize everything, give out handouts to the point of bankrupting the government, and things would crash and burn. Viconia would start a war, Edwin would outlaw all other mages and confiscate their spellbooks, Sarevok, well, we all know what he tried once, Imoen -- she might work, come to think of it, she's smart and canny and not too naive like the other ladies I mentioned. Jaheira would just abdicate to go back to the forest, as would Cernd. I shudder to think what Korgan would do, and Jan would run on a platform stating mandate "A turnip in every garden". If he won, he's so weird who knows what he'd do? Haer'Dalis? He'd sing a lot, I guess -- I can't even begin to guess what sort of policies a Doomguard would come up with. That's my take on it.

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Despite all we know about Minsc's intelligence, he's STILL leading the vote! Interesting, the choice of president us SPers would elect. Or maybe the results just reestablish the "popularity contest" part of elections.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Imoen by far, she is intellegent enough for it and who would be willing to mess with a country that has the Child of Bhaal as its leader?

11. Aces Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] So who won?

The "results from last weeks poll" hasn't been updated yet.

It's still the LotR movie question.

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] If I could choose between all of the ones in the BG saga it would be Tiax.

Tiax rules all.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, not "still". That's the new poll. Polls get changed every Monday at 10pm GMT+1. Results of the previous poll will go up on Thursday or Friday.

14. Ex-Paladine Banned

[​IMG] :evil: boo boo always Minsc!! Maybe sometimes Sarevok :evil:

15. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Eddie or Sarevok. Or maybe them together. Brawns
    and brains usually work.

16. Aces Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Since my canidate won, I'd thought I post a copy/paste of the results here so they would last a little longer than a few days. ;)

================================================
    Last Week's Poll's Results
    Posted Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 16:53 CET by Sorcerer

What we asked:

Q: Which Baldur's Gate 2 (or ToB) NPC would you vote for president?
    (689 votes total)

Minsc (168) 24%
    Keldorn (104) 15%
    Sarevok (81) 12%
    Edwin (56) 8%
    Jaheira (47) 7%
    Viconia (45) 7%
    Jan (34) 5%
    Imoen (30) 4%
    Mazzy (27) 4%
    Aerie (19) 3%
    Valygar (17) 2%
    Haer'Dalis (16) 2%
    Korgan (16) 2%
    Anomen (10) 1%
    Nalia (9) 1%
    Cernd (7) 1%
    Yoshimo (3) 0%

You'd have thought that people knew better by now than to support politics whose motto is "Swords, not words!", but since this is a purely fantasy poll, you can be excused for voting for Minsc, who has managed to beat all other NPCs in the presidential race with a majority of 24% of votes.

Keldorn the paladin would be the people's second choice, with 15% of votes. Looks like even divine grace can't help you get elected. Ahem...

Sarevok is also pretty popular with 12% of votes, and the third place in the presidential race.

Fourth place goes to the mage Edwin, with 8% of support. Say hello to dictatorship when this guy becomes president.

Jaheira and Viconia both received 7% of votes each. Well, at least the females were not totally neglected...

Jan received a 5% support from his fans. Looks like presidency is a bit out of reach for this gnome, however.

Another female duo are Imoen and Mazzy, both with 4% of votes each. Curious. Incidentally, Aerie is just below them with 3% votes.

The rest of the NPCs combined received about 10% of votes, but none more than 2%. Yoshimo is the grand loser of the poll, with 3 whole votes out of nearly 700.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well its not like a sellsword would make a very good president. Think of all the bribing you could do

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I suppose you never noticed that below each poll results you have a link to the archives page, where this gets stored at for posterity?

19. Aces Gems: 19/31

*ahem*

No sir, I didn't... :rolleyes: :o :D

Well at least on a thread people can put their two cents in, whatever they think about it.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    So can they on the front page, where even further below the archives link there's a Comments link. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.