1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird or Interesting Nicknames

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Does anybody have a weird or interesting nickname? Maybe a story to go with it? :hmm:

The one I use most is 'Shadow.' The only reason my mom started calling me this is: since I'm a Boy Scout, I normally go on campouts during the summer, and because of that, I ended up having an extreme tan which made me more or less a shadow (no, not the undead creature from AD&D :hahaerr: ).

2. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My sister, Jennifer, somehow ended up with the nickname Fred. Nobody is really sure how or why, but it's been years now since I have called her anything else.

3. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, my friend Huzaan is the other female bass guitarist for concert band, but I always mess up her name one way or another, so I started calling her Huzi, because it's a lot simpler for me, and it's funny. She hates it so she started calling me Khuyen-ee. It's pretty funny. :D

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I get called 'cow' sometimes seeing as how my last name is Pattison. Do the math. ;)

5. The Lawful Xaositect Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My friends call me 'D', 'Bartholomew', 'Jeanpaul', 'Jared, or my personal favorite 'GaNgStA' depending the time of day and the day of the week.

6. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

We used to call my brother Barf. It was, in my other brother's words, a progression. Jeff to Jarf to Barf. As for said other brother, a friend of his said he reminded him of Brother Doogle from 'Father Ted'. Of course, he insists on spelling it Dewgall... As for me, I had this weird habit in grades 9-10. I would always bring my sweater with me. Always. These days, I just never take it off, because I no longer mind the heat, but back then, if it got hot, off it would go - and over my shoulder. I'd wear it draped over one or both shoulders in case it got cold again, and as a result, I was known to some as that sweater guy, to others as that weird guy with the sweater, and to others as... The Carlton Kid. Apparently, it's a reference to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but I never really watched it. I know who Carlton is, but does anyone know what that has to do with sweaters?

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Everyone in my family calls my brother Joel: Hole, because he always acts like he has a hole in is head instead of a brain. And to really piss him off my neise, McKenna, likes to sing, "Hole, hole...Hole in my head..."

Actually, my sister gave me and my brothers female names, so she would feel like she was surrounded by girls instead of a bunch of guys. She called Joel: Juliana; Brent was called: Brenda; Scott was called: Scotty Pippens...I'm not going to tell you what she called me, because...well, that's the last thing I need right now. :rolling:

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

When I was really little, my friends used to call me either "Dumbo," "Mickey Mouse," or "Radar Boy."

I guess they thought that I had big ears...

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] One of my nicknames is Pinky or George, because that's what my mother wanted to call me :eek:

relay most people call me Charlie or Charles.

8people, weirdy, at first school I was goldilocks for some reason, CMK and Rappy are my more common ones

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    A girl called me Michelle...and she even wrote it on my pencil case with permanent ink. Therefore...it stayed, the mark and the name. It was because I called her Christopher...

This week, I forgot my pencil case in another class, and the next day somebody came and asked if Michelle is in the class :D .

11. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The only nick I have is Padeen Dragonblade!

Padeen!

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

At work they call me the 'beul'. This is Dutch word meaning executioner. I can't think of way to explain to you how to prenounce 'beul', I don't think there is an English word with the 'eu' in it, like how we prenounce it in Dutch. Anyway, I'm not called this because like this because I like to kill things, but because I work hard.

But most of my friends call me Toine (which is prenounced in the French way. -oine, is prenounced like one (1) is prenounced in English) It is actually my real name, with the first to letres missing.

13. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For a while in high school - specifically, my Latin class - I was greeted regularly as "Diane from Cheers". A reference I know most of you are too young to understand anyway. ;)

14. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I was called 'The Devil' through out high school, something that started with the father of one of my friends. I've never really understood why, but it's developed into a nickname in several separate places without anyone realizing the others had done so.

I can't figure out why. :evil:

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I know someone at school that we call six people. I'm sure that you don't want to know the story behind that...

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I am generally known as Spanky, for some strange reason.

It might have something to do with my last name being Hancock, but I dunno...

Maybe my friends are just a bunch of perverts or something.

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hmmm my nickname for the past 3 years of school (since year 9, im in year 11 now) has been mervin or merv. It started when an annoying year 8 was, for whatever reason, taking the piss by callin me mervin. It doesnt sound that bad but you have to hear the way it's said to understand why it's annoying, also he kept it up for a couple of weeks before i thumped him. Then all my friends started it up (i later found out one of them had put the guy up to it anyway) but since they were my friends and i couldnt be bothered to get pissed off at them all i just accepted it. It's also the sorta name i get called even now when i do something incredibly dumb/suicidial/crazy/insane/violent/dangerous etc - i.e during playground rugby matches there were merv chants, and also when i climb up school fences (either to get stuck tennis balls or just to prove i can) or doing incredibly stupid jumps (normally stair jumps or jumps over things).

Now in year 11 most people just call me Gav or Gavin and only a few (those in my old class or those that i was good friends with when everyday i did crazy stuff) still call me merv.

Well that's my story.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i usually is called by my friend "*******" or "idiot" or "dickhead" or the worst "emil" ()my real name

no iam really called mostly MiniMan... i was short before... veeery short...

19. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Iam called Alice...

20. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Soul, seriosly, f*** off! If I post here, I tell them my nicknames, I don't need you doing it for me!

[ November 10, 2002, 21:46: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.