1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Werewolf Forever?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Uh-oh. Did some research here, about curing lycanthropy. At first, it sounds good:

So I'm thinking "Great! - I already killed all five of those witches, got all their heads, so not only can I be rid of lycanthropy, I can cure any of the other companions that want to be cured. I just have to go back to the altar. Then, I kept reading in known bugs...

Well that just sucks. I mean, I'll still try it, as I just have to quick travel and walk down to the bottom of the tomb, but still, it doesn't look good.

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least you didn't pick the PS3 version. Our major bug causes massive slowdown/lag issues once our save file reaches a size of 5 MB or greater. Recent patches help ease the lag, but as of this writing it still hasn't gone away completely.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    How much memory does a save game take? I mean, it seems like it's wise to keep a few extra saves, but is it reasonably possible to keep it under 5MB?

4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Some people say it's possible. Personally, as something of a completionist nut myself, its impossible. My save files usually break the 5 MB mark by the time my character reaches level 30-40.
    Still, it only happens with the PS3. Something about how the PS3 handles save game files.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    But that's what I mean - by the time you hit level 30-40, you should have a bazillion saved games. Can't you just go back and delete the old ones?

6. Paracelsi

Media:
    I misunderstood that. The bug works independent of other save game files. I could have a 10 MB save game file on the same system and another character (with a save game file of say 2MB) would be completely unaffected.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  7. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

As far as I can tell, lycanthropy may be a lot of things but CURING it is about as stupid as it gets. No negatives to speak of (no rested bonus = whoop de doo) while granting immunity against diseases so that you can take even vampires head on. The actual Beast Form is bit of a wash - cool but doesn't compare to your normal self if you're a warrior.

8. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't see why anyone would want to cure it either, except for RP reasons. Disease immunity is too good to pas up on imho.

9. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I cured it in my first game, and had to start carrying around cure disease potions again, it was pretty pointless curing it.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Well, I haven't cured it. Now that I think about it, I DID get a lot of diseases in my pre-lycanthropic state. Then again, that was for a relatively short portion of the game. The Companions quest line was one of the first things I did. And I agree that getting an experience point bonus for resting is only something that you can apply at very specific times.

For example, it would be useful to rest in town prior to doing any type of crafting, be it smithing, enchanting, or alchemy. Getting a temporary resting bonus isn't worth a whole lot, as typically you have to travel somewhere between where you rest and where you quest, and you've used up most, if not all, of the time with the bonus.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.