1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What about dwarves?!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dragu&Barud, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] The coolest race in IWD2 is dwarves!They are great for multiclassed mages-fighters/fighters-clerics.For example I will show you my dwarven party:
    1.Gold dwarf:barbarian(10)/sorcerer(20)
    2.Shield dwarf:diviner(10)/barbarian(20)
    3.Gray dwarf:divineer(17)/rogue(13) or pure rogue(30)
    4.Shield dwarf:fighter(4)/druid(26)
    This dwarven party smashes all.Dwarves has CON bonus without penalty in STR which is big + and gnomes has big - because they had penalty to STR.So dwarves are great for mages but are even greater if they are multiclassed fighters/mages or priest/mage types.For example a shield dwarf would be a perfect cleric/mage.Here is a complete strategy how to use it!
    Shield dwarf
    STR:18
    DEX:10
    CON:14
    INT:18
    WIS:18
    CHA :3
    Cleric-13lv
    Diviner-17lv
    This dwarf is best for fighter tactics you can use all of cleric`s spells for boosting and protection and then all of wizard`s protections and they are a lot!Here is an example:
    Cleric spells for greater empowerment combo
    1.Draw upon holy might
    2.Champion`s strenght
    3.Death ward
    4.Chaotic commands
    5.Aid
    6.Prayer
    7.Recitation
    Mage`s spells
    1.Ghost armor
    2.Fire shield-Red/Blue
    3.Shield
    4.Trolish fortitude
    5.Mordenkainen`s sword
    6.Executioner`s eyes
    7.Aegis
    8.Stoneskin
    9.Emotion:Hope
    10.Mirror image
    11.Tenser`s transformation
    When all spells combine this dwarf is an executioner smashing all in it`s way.I don`t know if you belive it but this dwarf killed Kaervas Deaths head,the barbarian Kairne,Broken Khree and the archer and his life was not under 170 and this was a HOF game which means that Kaervas had more than 700 HP.It was just funny this monster was surrounded by Lost followers and you can only see the screen shaking and one by one the Followers went to hell.

2. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The XP penalty for Dwarves no. 1 and 2 has to suck, though... :rolleyes:

3. S0litude Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

spells that enchance same statistic don't stack up, right? Only the best counts.

4. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I see you didnt get Delayed-Blast Fireball ~ The bane of all Goblins and Orcs alike.

5. Krysalyn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

why choose a dwarf at all with no maxed stats?

with stats like these:

STR:18
    DEX:10
    CON:14
    INT:18
    WIS:18
    CHA :3

any race but a -Str race could be chosen...

and not all of the party needs to have such high strength, unless you plan to have all of them in melee...

I realize it is just an example, but I dont see the point in taking all dwarves if you arent even going to use the +Con to full advantage...

you are probably better off taking a svirfneblin for the innate spell casting (mirror image, blur, invisibility), Wis bonus, and spell resistance...

drow have spell resistance as well, which in many cases, imho, is a better benefit than the + savings throws that the dwarf has.

6. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't know...dwarves are kind of short and fat I don't like them that much... but sometimes I like to give them a try.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.