1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are 'chav's called in your country?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Cúchulainn, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

What is a 'chav' you may ask?

Taken from http://www.chavscum.com/

A chav couple:

http://chavscum.co.uk/4images/details.php?image_id=1629

Dublin Chavs:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/4images/details.php?image_id=1608

We call them 'Spides' in N.Ireland for the Males and 'Millies' for the females. What do you call yours?

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Baby at 14. Drinking cider on street corners. Vandalise things. Bunk school. Don't work. Milk the benefit system for all it's worth.
    You know the type, I'm sure.

Tóssers. The lot of 'em.

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

The burbory fashion has not made it over here yet (thank God), but the kappa's, polo, von dutch are still in high demand.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Weirdo" is the general term that we apply. Sometimes it's "Loser" though.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] We call them "Americans"

:p :p :p

Edit: just kidding, by the way. :)

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Splunge - Heh, I was thinking of posting that earlier but decided against it.

Looking at the website I don't actually know that we have a name for such people - they most definitely do not fit into the standard trailer park trash or redneck categories - I don't care what the website says no proper redneck or trailer park trash would be wearing that type of clothing or jewellry.

I have not actually run into anyone like that within Canada - I guess we are just lucky that way.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's because you're capable of exercising good judgement. :D

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

You must have white men that think they are African Americans, wear more jewlery than MR T, wear fake designer clothing, have girlfriends that have bright orange tans and braided hair, listen to drab techno and rap music, brag about 1 person being no match for them and their 10 friends in a fight etc etc.

If not I am getting the next plane to Canada.

9. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Ill be joining you there Cesard

10. Ravynn Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yankees. :p Or wiggers if you wanta get stabbed. Or plain ol' white trash or trash. Unfortunately, the English language (American anyway,) is not diverse or rich enough to properly describe these people. Well, it is, but I can't say it here. They call themselves street or gangstas or thugs. Morons.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sigh, it sounds like I should notify immigration then.

Seriously, I am sure that there must be some such people somewhere in Canada but I honestly have never come across any.

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Before Chav took over as coined phrase of choice, the local term in Gloucestershire was Mally.

13. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Ziom :) Now, chev's gonna comment on that, I'm sure :D

14. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have JSBB, they all live in Gatineau, Québec. LMAO. An entire city stuck in the 80's, mullets, ripped jeans and all. :D :p

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Istolli - nah that sounds like it is a seperate bunch - they probably do qualify as rednecks though.

The ones we are looking for are white people making a fool of themselves dressed up as black gangster rappers.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe.

my mistake, my earlier post was too general and was, actually, wrong. What we call THOSE people are "eminems" or "hiphops" or my fave, "homies". of course there is a local term with a negative connotation, but you guys probably never heard of it anyway. In any case, it's "jologs". heh.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Maybe your earlier post was too general but I wouldn't say it was wrong. The title of either weirdo or loser fits those people rather well IMHO.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, but the bad thing about over here is that the distinction is made by money because many of the uber-rich kids (many of the students from the local international schools) dress/act/talk this way too. So, whenver you see one of those kids dressed like that, they fall into a totally different category.

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Here they are called Tokkies, well I call them Tokkies.

20. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ooooohhh, I get it....Wastes of skin, oxygen, brain power, culture... Gatineau would still count though in that case. Heck most of the teens in Ottawa would. LOL

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.