1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What brought you to the BoM? What part is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bassil Warbone, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I Have been A visitor of the boards of magic since 2000 mostly for Balders Gate info. I joined in 2006 after restarting my Balders Gate addiction, my how we have grown. But now I enjoy the non-gaming forums even more than the game ones. I would have to say that my favorite part are the Alleys of Lingering Sighs & Dangerous Angles.

[ July 07, 2006, 08:50: Message edited by: Bassil Warbone ]

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Google search for BG/BG2 walk-throughs to find bits I may have otherwise missed. I then got drawn in to the BG forums and then into the Alleys - which is still my regular haunt although I don't post as much as I used to.

3. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i cant really remember, i think i got linked from some of the old BIS boards, then they turned into Interplay boards, and after they got shut down, i just happend to be posting here... not been very active in the beginning though

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] My addiction to Planescape:Torment brought me here. But I spend most time on Whatnots these days.

5. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The BG walkthrough - same as Carcaroth

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Started with borrowing an illegal copy of BG1 from a friend, and as soon as I got into the game I purchased a legit copy. Was having fun doing whatever I pleased (I thought heading "all the way" down to Nashkel would've been premature and K & J hadn't piped up yet), but I eventually lost interest for a while. When I picked it up again I decided I needed a little spoiling of the main plot to get focused. Found many places including this one, but I found everything I needed at other sites.

What pulled me in was the Hourly Quote. I'd check back in for a new one every few days and have a laugh, but it soon grew more regular. A few months after finding the site, I heard mention of the boards and spent a little time searching in vain among the games subsections before finding the link. Don't remember how long I lurked (I'm pretty sure it was less than a month), but the good-hearted (and random) people, the surprisingly solid rules for a message board, and the BG1 Quote Game that I found so very hard to resist got me to register.

While I may have spread out to more than half the forums since the beginning, my roots have stayed the same. My favorite forums remain the BG forums and Whatnots, and if that ever changes, you should know it's not me. ;)

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

It was the walkthroughs and getting help for my games, that brought me here, and it's Roleplay Corner and Whatnots that keeps me here.

Oh and the people of course ;) :rolling:

8. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

The search for mods for Icewind Dale 2 brought me here. I got the itch for more BG2 and thus I'm still here :)

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I never had an Internet connection until almost a year ago. I used SP to d/l various BG things, but posted on PPG fora. After a big argument there, I left and came here, happy to find a group of people who weren't so 'snobbish'.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Faragon adviced me to check out Sorcerers and the BoM when I first met him at an introduction-weekend of our study. I was playing BG2 atm.

Now I hardly ever post in the game related forums.
    The forums I check out most are SS and Senso, then Whatnots and D&D and I sometimes post in AoDA, but sometimes the discussions there become repetitive and tiresome or I feel it just makes no sense to post because I can't express myself as well in english I do in dutch and become afraid that people interpretate my words in a different way, which is not good for a nice discussion.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

When I was like, 13 or something, my uncle introduced me to BG1. After completing the game for the umpteenth time in about two or three years, I needed something new, and used AltaVista to search for BG1 + Mods, and viola, I found this forum. After lurking for half a year, I joined the forum, which was my first forum ever, and have stayed here ever since.

I've seen more bannings, more forums created, and more new regulars arrive than many of you together. :p

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

BG2 mods brought me here, and I'm generally seen in the Roleplays, Whatnots and Sensorium, with occasional forays into the Alleys

13. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I was searching for cheat codes(imagine that) and walkthroughs for BG and BG2, I found a link on one of the pages and here I am. I lurked on and off for a month or so, and then I joined so I could post a question. Shortly after that I shelled out the cash to see what was in the account holders forum, and to give something back for all that I had gotten from SP. I'm a Whatnots sorta guy, as well as Techno magic. I'm sure that most of my posts are in RBP, but I always try to answer questions in the games forums if I can.

Even when life is really busy I keep up on RBP, sometimes I have to read pages to catch up, but I always do.

14. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I noticed over the years that the Bom has exelent moderators and members. The names may change but the quality has always remained. It is a most wonderful community! :)

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I was looking for some crap for BG2 and I accidently stumbled here, so I decided to register. The place has a great atmosphere when compared to other forums, plus, the peeps here are great and a million miles away from the [censored] that plague other boards.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I was stuck in IWD2 and came here via a search engine search for answers.

What keeps me here are the tight rules (especially no flashy signatures that take up half the page) and the excellent moderation.

My favourite part is now The Colosseum.

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    The URL to the site was in a computer ,agazine I used to buy. I was bored one day so I punched it in. Spent most my time looking at BG2 mods and talking about BG2, because I was hooked on it at the time.

Now I just stick to The Colosseum.

18. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I first learned about SP back when BG1 first came out over here; think it was early 2000 or something like that. As many others I was searching for BG walkthroughs, mods, etc. on a search Engine.
    Wasn't till many years later I learned about BoM though, and as so I've mainly used SP to download various modules and the likes over the years.

Nowadays I don't have much time for SP and BoM, and barely ever play the games covered here anymore (though NWN2 will change that :p ). I juts pop by for a little chat now and then :) .

19. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

BG2 probably brought me here, first the hype and then later questions about the game itself. My favorite part is probably AoDA but due to the military I don't really have that much time for debate anymore. Hopefully that will change in about three months when I get out. ;)

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Psychotic ex-boyfriend introduced me to the BOM when I started playing Neverwinter Nights. After I finally got rid of him, I stayed away for a while then came back with a vengeance :) The people here are great.
    Now I mostly visit the NWN forum but rarely post, and am a Whatnots addict.

I've actually been here since 2001, but under a different name. Hence the join date.

[ July 08, 2006, 19:59: Message edited by: Shell ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.