1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you do on birthdays?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kenixkil, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What do you guys do on your birthdays? Mine is on January 4th, and I'm having trouble thinking up something special to do...

And please, no alcohol, drugs, guns, self-harm, voodoo rituals, lunar rituals, demon summonings, or blood sacrifices to Bhaal. :p :p

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thus I'm afraid I can't answer your question ;)

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

No sacrifices to Bhaal?

Like Chev, I cannot answer your question then. :p :evil:

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yeah, mine usually entail at least a little alcohol, dinner out (or order in some KFC/McD's or something), some friends and lots of loud music.

5. Cyrano Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] at this point, it is spent in denial of it being my birthday. Though who knows, maybe this year it might be worth celibrating

walks off mutter "doubt that will happen"

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ah yes, the denial, I can't believe I almost forgot!
    Mine will kick in next year as I approach the big 3-0! Man that sounds old, and yet in my mind I'm still only about 16.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just invite a lot of people and make sure they have a nice time. No diners or going-outs and such, just drinks, tales, jokes and musics.

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

• Wake up
    • Get birthday cake and presents
    • if saturday/sunday, have fun with said presents until about 18:00
    • if monday-friday, go to school (bleh), then have fun with said presents after school until about 18:00
    • Go to a restaurant and eat good food. (Deep fried chicken with curry sauce usually)
    • Have more fun with said presents until bedtime (about 23:00 if next day is school day, 01:00 if school-free day)
    • Go to bed.
    B-day is on Aug 24.

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I second Master of Nuhn's suggestion. He knows what he's talking about. Last party he gave was the best damned party I had in years. I knew none of the people there save Master, and I spent the entire night talking to all kinds of people, up to 5 AM in the morning. :grin: Was a great party!

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, mine is 6.1 -next tuesday- and I intend to go to school, eat well and sleep long. :p

Nothing unusual.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    *MY* birthday is in two weeks (14 January), but we're postponing the celebration until the following Friday. That night, we're getting together with our best friends for an evening owl-spotting hike at a local nature center. It's followed by a bonfire and hot chocolate, and I'll probably bring cupcakes for our group to keep the three little boys happy.

12. Deira[Neia] Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You can't call it a birthday if there is no music.. At least I think so :p

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Well, your restrictions didn't include having fun with a special friend, always the best way to spend a birthday.

Other than that, a get-together with people is always good and definitely go out to eat.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, my birthday was on Dec 10th, so I can tell you what I did... I had a bit of an alcohol, nothing major, just a few drinks. I and a friend went clubbing, met a third friend of mine and talked, talked some more, and ended up running around a park tlking about everything and anythinmg. It was incredible. So, I suggest that you and some good friends (or even complete/almost complete dtranges) go somewhere nice and quiet outdoors and talk about all the deep stuff there is, and all the less deep stuff. Might end up a really great experience.

Oh, and congrtts beforehand :D

15. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Thank you, everyone.. I think I'll bring some friends, eat the cake, and go outside and go hiking... if the friends don't come, then just a birthday with my parents, followed by NWN : HotU.. :p :p

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Bah I go to the forest and I admire the extraordinary beauty of the forest and after I drink lotsa ¨brevage¨ with friend, with some music and the such

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'm with Chevalier here. Besides, if i invite my friends for a birthdayparty, and i tell them in advance that there won't be any alcohol, none of them will show up. :D

18. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Usually nothing. Eat an ice cream cake with my family, maybe go out for dinner. Presents? I don't even know what I want, nevermind my parents.

My birthday usually falls on a school day, in the middle of midterms. So I usually don't get a chance or the time to host a party of friends.

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Some friends you have! ;) Mine would bring some good stuff with them. Since there is a reason for a party, there is a reason to drink. And if there's nothing to drink, you bring it with you! :D (It would be stupid, though, to invite people when you have nothing to drink. Such Hospitality)

20. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Dress up as a giant peacock, cover myself in green jelly, drink several jugs of alcohol called 'dirty drink' and sing to the beginning of the end and the coming of a beautiful feathered aviator to keep me company for the rest of the night.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.