1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Forgotten Realms God Do You Follow?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Lord Garak, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What Forgotten Realms God do you follow in your gaming and maybe in real life? Have you ever performed any rituals in the name of a certain diety? I follow the godess Tymora(in real life) but I just stick to praying from time to time(ussuasly in times of crisiss). ;) If you want a list of FR dieties try this: Forgotten Realms Gods.

[ September 08, 2004, 16:52: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

my dear friend Garak... I follow Kossuth (i'm a pyromaniac), Tymora (don't know why...) and Mask for my thief wannabe dreams... :) :) :)

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I follow shar, I'm always 2 steps behind her, just to annoy her, singing songs she hates.

Oh wait a second you didn't mean Follow in that way did you ;)

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I don't follow any gods in real life (certainly not FR gods)
    In D&D I usually follow Mielikki.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In life: God, Christ, Jahwe, The Lord, The Holy Spirit etc. No saints or other beings created by God.

D&D: Lathander as main deity. Others: Chauntea, Ilmater, Mielikki, Sune, Kord, some other good aligned deities. No racial pantheons, usually.

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Torm, Helm or Moradin if I'm being a 'nice guy/dwarf' - if not I'm usually following Mask.

Real life? Agnostic.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Following a Forgotten Realms deity in real life means someone really should see a doctor. Such a person has what it takes to make something up, call it a name and start praying to it one day.

In games, in D&D it depends on how deities are represented - if one's choosing one deity out of the whole pantheon to worship, or if it's a patron deity that's simply more related. The alignment is either LG or NG, at any rate. Out of the NG ones, Lathander would make it the most easily.

Edit: Hehe, it seems I was thinking about something else when posting. Obviously, the second paragraph should have, and now does, start with something like "in games" or "in D&D". Thanks for pointing that out to me.

[ September 09, 2004, 14:15: Message edited by: chevalier ]

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

In FR/games: Differs; Llolth, Talos, Tempus, Helm, Baphomet, the list goes on...

Real life: Satan, and related evil powers. :evil:

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    chevalier, I wonder if you realize just how fun what you just wrote is. ;)

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I never kill spiders, and often end up vbowing in front of them.... that clue enough? :p

And yes, i do actuially own a whip. A sucky one, but what can I say, couldn't afford a good one. :p

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Does the Lady of Pain count as an FR deity?

If yes, then it's her in both gaming AND real life :D

Chevalier, there's an odd complementarity between what you say in the first paragraph and the second :p

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

talk about a coinky-dinky,i was just thinking of this exact question myself earlier today :eek:

I'd have to say that its mostly Torm and Tymora

13. cultjake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm a Techsmith of Gond.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Corrected that error. Thanks for spotting.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It was an error? :( I thought it made more sense the way it was before the correction ;)

16. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] I guess you people really make a lot of difference between games and real life :confused: ... I don't! :thumb:

Well anyhows, if I were to try and differenciate games from RL i would get to the conclusion that I couldn't because in games I do as I would do in RL. So this beeing said, it's time for me to tell you about my FR beliefs in detail (not too much detail):

My patron Godess is Tymora (Good Fortune, Skill, Victory, Adventurers, Adventuring).

My Secondary Gods are: Kossuth :flaming: (Elemental Fire, Fire Elementalists, Purification through Fire), Silvanus (Wild Nature, Druids) Selune :book: (Moon, Stars, Navigation, Navigators, Wanderers, Seekers, Good and Neutral Lycanthropes) and Mask :evil: (Thieves, Thievery, Shadows).

My Minor Gods are: Shar (Dark, Night, Loss, Forgetfulness, Unrevealed Secrets, Caverns, Dungeons, The Underdark), Gond (Artifice, Craft, Construction, Smithwork), Mielikki (Forest, Forest Creatures, Rangers, Dryads, Autumn), Auril (Cold, Winter), Deneir (Glyphs, Images, Literature, Literacy, Scribes, Pictorial and Literary Art, Cartography), Eldath :hippy: (Quiet Places, Springs, Pools, Stillness, Peace, Waterfalls, Druid Groves), Lliira (Joy, Happiness, Dance, Festivals, Carefree Celebration, Contentment, Release, Hospitality Freedom/Liberty; From Waukeen - Trade, Money:$$$:, Wealth) and Shaundakul (Travel, Exploration, Long Range traders, Miners, Caravans, Wind Ghosts).

I mourn the death of: Bhaal :wail: , Ibrundul and Waukeen.

PS: I think this one would be useful as well, considering the fact that it's a lot more complete than the one on Daggerford: The Pantheon of the Realms Ow yes, and it's one of "ours" as well.

17. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
  18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Could be in either really, so it might as well stay here.

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    "Page can't be found" I'm going to try the link in Kelvon's post...

EDIT: Shoot, the one one SP is just a list and not a quize type thing, so I'll just list the ones that best fit me.

Greater Power: Mystra
    Intermediate Power: Gond and Tymora
    Lesser Power: Azuth

Also, does anyone know if there is a website out there that tells the story of how each of the dead gods died? :rolling:

[ September 10, 2004, 21:22: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

20. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Kitrax

i would love to find a quiz like webpage about FR gods but I don't think there are any...yet... and about the story of how each of the dead gods died? I think you could read the whole FR history, it's somewhere on the internet... but i can't remember where, so if i find it i'll post you the link :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.