1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Enagonios, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've picked up a lot of good and worthwhile suggestions from the "What book are you reading now" and "What song can't you get out of your head" threads so I figured it was high time for a game thread along those lines.

You don't need to make a comprehensive review, but when you post the game, try and include the type of game, the platform it uses and a few comments so that the others get a general idea about it.

It goes without saying that you don't need to do any of the aboveif you're playing one of the games hosted here :rolleyes: just say for what nth time you're playing it :D :p

Okay, I'll start. Aside from nearing the end of my 4th (Full) BG game, I'm playing "And then there were none" for the PC. It's a game adaptation of Agatha Christie's famous novel of the same name. It's an adventure mystery and thoguh I'm still in the beginning, it looks like it's going to be pretty good.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, I knew. ;)

Well, Morrowind for me. Finally. I intend to play some Starcraft and IWD 2 soon. Might as well finish my Crusader Kings campaign and/or play a nice NWN module. I also play Warcraft III online from time to time. Everything on PC. Everyone probably knows all these titles except Crusader Kings. It's a strategy game based on the Europa Universalis engine, with a structure characteristic of turn-based games, except the time flows on its own (you can still pause and issue orders) and battles can take place simultaneously. You run the country, make some long run decisions, build up the infrastructure, make the policies and direct the armies, although battles are calculated by the computer.

I'm looking forward to playing Medieval: Total War on my new graphics card, as well.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

RuneScape is hogging a lot of my time. RS is free-to-play, MMORPG. I have membership now, so so much has opened up for me in the way of new skills, equipment and quests, not to mention more bank space!! :)

I'm also playing BG with my dual class party. Currently getting the gumption to head into the spooky Cloakwood.

4. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Counter Strike: Source for me. It's a team based FPS in which you get many semi-realistic weapons, and semi-realistic gameplay. 1 hit doesn't kill except on headshots or with 1 sniper rifle(AWP). Good physics and such, based on the Half-Life 2 Source engine.

WoW...MMORPG...I'm sure everyone knows what this is :)

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion where you take command of either one half of the late Roman Empire or the barbarian factions that were responsiable for the sacking of said empire. New units, bigger battles and a great modding community on the net. I also play the occasional game of Counter-Strike at an internet cafe against Thais, nothing more fun than fragging somebody and hearing an expletive from across the room that you can't understand :) .

How would you rate Crusader Kings, chev? I've been interested in it for awhile now.

6. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Morrowind also. Although I've said before it bores me to death, that was as a fighter. Now I'm a wizardy thief (uber Marksman and Illusion) and the game is easy yet fun.

Also, Neverwinter Nights (toolset mainly), F.E.A.R., The Movies and a nice free fantasy TBS called Wesnoth.

[ February 06, 2006, 17:34: Message edited by: Alavin ]

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Rome Total War for me. Though I bought it Friday all I could do was to Install it! :eek: Stupid '' Real Life'' *mumble* *mumble*

Also Final Fantasy IX on me PC, because I have no Ps1 memory card (only PS2's).

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Rome total war has been eating up most of my free time, i'm a sucker for the total war series ever since Shogun total war. I have spiced the game up a bit with a few good mods, such as the Rome total realism modification, which makes the game more interesting and more challenging, and a mod called LotR total war, of which i'll post a few screenshots here..

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/lulhannes2/bbb083eu.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/lulhannes2/bba012dl.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/lulhannes2/bb064st.jpg

I'm also still playing a bit of Morrowind, eagerly awaiting TES 4 Oblivion though.

9. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Subspace/Continuum - A 2D MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) space shooter game released in 1997 by VIE (Virgin Interactive Entertainment). Continuum is the updated client used to play the game. It still rocks and is possibly *the best* game ever.

Magic: The Gathering - The MTG made by MicroProse in 1997.

Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.0 - Finally a new version of the best Mahjongg Solitaire game (and only after 2.5 years of waiting).

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

BG2, beta testing Auren NPC mod :)

11. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Il-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles

PC only WWII prop-sim. Scalable from a Crimson Skies level arcade fest to the hardest of the hardcore flight sims. I'm playing it on the "almost-but-not-quite really hardcore" level. Which is to say, full flight model realism, but no advanced engine management. Dealing with fuel mixtures and prop pitch just seems a lot like busy work.

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

BG2 lost my Kensai/Mage saves and so I've started again :(

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

On the PC I am currently playing Dragonshard - but I have not really been playing it for the last couple weeks because it isn't really much fun.

Instead I have been playing Final Fantasy X-2 for the PS2. I picked it up for $20 and I have found it to be pretty good. It is not up to the quality of Final Fantasy 6 or 7 but not many console games are.

14. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Forgot to mention Fool's Errand. For the first time I'm actually getting close to finishing it; just completed the Sun, and it seems to have become impossible.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I finished IWD2 not long ago, and decided to go down memory lane. So I blasted through Operation Body Count, an oldie and one of the worst games ever made. But it was quite funny :)

I hesitated over whether to start Arcanum or NWN next. Eventually I opted for Arcanum, which has been on my to-play list for ages. Besides my friend, a Troika fan who got me both Arcanum and ToEE, has been bugging me to try it for years now. It looks very promising, although I've got to admit I already don't like the interface very much.

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn for the second time (although I still don't know what that title means - none of the game takes place in Baldur's Gate and I'm not sure what the Shadows of Amn are)

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Star Wars: Battlefront 2. With my brother on LAN :D

18. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    NWN, Thief 3: Deadly Shadows, Spellforce on PC and Killzone on PS2. :D ....I have alot more games that I have yet to complete, but those are the ones I've started lately and are playing now...but not at the same time :p

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I *want* to play Rome Total War, but I'm just overwhelmed by work. Meh!

Ofelix is now playing Real Life A dull PC simulator with not enough Sleep and fun

20. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Sims 2: Nightlife. About two, truly new features and that's it. Still a decend game in any case, but the faults are starting to show -especially the poor AI...

Next in the list: Psychonauts, Quake 4, FEAR, and Crash Bandicoot 1. Hopefully my new vid.card come soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.