1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What hoops did you have to jump through to get an Avatar?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Mystra's Chosen, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Gopher did a thread exactly like this a few months ago, but there's tons more people here with Avatars now.
    At first I sent in a couple wallpapers, then a couple more. Then Tal informs me that he doesn't put fan artwork up... so I wrote a NPC usage guide and a BG1 solo guide. I felt sooo special, like I'd joined a secret society or something.

You?

[ November 05, 2003, 06:31: Message edited by: Mystra's Chosen ]

2. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I don't have an avatar, but I wish I did. I guess I won't be recognizes for the excellence of my posts, so I will have to let "George" talk for me. Sad but true.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

To little. I've just brought something from Amazon.

4. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I've had to slave away espousing obtuse philosophical concepts, controversial interpretations, confrontational political machinations, and questionable conspiratorial theroies, just to get a Jasper Gem.

I shudder to think of the bloodshed on my behalf to earn an avatar.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I donated. Something I'll do again once I've got money again :)

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I bought some books through amazon and still do every two months at least.

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Donated. :)

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I buy through SP every now and then.

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31

I originally bought a few odds and sods through SP, but more recently I've become a News Poster.

10. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] As I probably said in my old thread:
    • I submitted two Guides for IEEP (BG2). One Item Maker and one Spell Maker tutorial.
    • I made and modified some portraits and sent them in for BG2. They're under Gopherboy's Retouched Portraits.
    • I donated £10 by mail.
    • I joined the News Crew and was Temple of Elemental Evil poster (occasional general poster) for a good few months.
    • I bought a $28 book via SP, Legacy of Drow by R.A Salvatore.
    • I worked on the artwork and graphics for the upcoming SP merchandise.
    • .. and finally I just sent £10 via PayPal a few weeks ago.

:)

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

First off... SP has merch?
    Second... anyone actually buy SP merch? I mean, no offense, but I wouldn't really want to wear a shirt that might as well say: "Hey! Over Here! Beat Me Up!" :p

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bought something through Amazon, then donated. Will donate again soon enough.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    SP has a full range of merch which has been waiting for 6 weeks now to go live because I still haven't received the samples (read my weekly Happenings on the front page for more info). One way or another, the store will go live next week. And you'll love the merch, I can guarantee that.

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] er.. I must admit I don't know. Something about some stories somewhere.

Later I have redeemed my soul by buying a lot of stuff of amazon.. that place is horrible to go shopping spreeing in :D

15. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nothing is better than cold hard cash :money: I'll still give up the rights to a "Sorvo gets a beer" T-shirt or beer mug :cool: :grin:

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I used to donate some money, but now I have to watch my account since I have more expenses to think of.

17. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I plan on buying BG after Thanksgiving, maybe, so save that BG2 avatar with the guy with the smug-ass looking grin on his face, k? :D :D :D

But I feel left behind now that you October joiners already have *MY* gem, jeez, but I feel proud Knowing I rank among the best of you in #sorcerers, hehe

18. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Before I took on Beren as a PDN, I had submitted BG1 and BG2 walkthroughs as Dave Milward.

I've since also submitted an IWD2 walkthrough, and the NPC interactions guide.

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I donated, I will do so again, but I'm Dutch :p

20. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Cool, I'm Canadian. But what does that have to do with it?

@Beren

I read your walkthrough. It's really, really, really good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.