1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the best weapon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by treggers, Jun 19, 2002.

1. treggers Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I think it is the best weapon is the upgraded Carsomer for palidins and can't decide what weapon to give my 2 fighters :help:

2. klaussner Gems: 1/31

celestial fury hindo's doom rune hammer gram the sword of grief equalizer....

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The Flail of Ages +5 is awesome. I dual wielded that and CF and it was scary

4. Kull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Usually, the best weapon in SOA is the Celestial Fury (victim is usually stunned), but the Flail of Ages is also good. The best weapon against the bosses is the Flail of Ages. The best off-hand weapon (and reason enough to dual wield) is Crom Faeyr.

Of course, the best weapon for a mage is the Staff of Magi. Carsomyr is a wonderful addition to a team (thief or paladin). I would choose the FOA +5 over it.

There are other good weapons. Some are even preferable to the listed weapons in certain situations. For example, the Rune Hammer +5, Mace of Disruption +2, etc. are nice against the likes of demi-liches and master wraiths.

You can find a wealth of info on this topic by using the search tool.

[This message has been edited by Kull (edited June 19, 2002).]

5. klaussner Gems: 1/31

Once I was fighting the demilich at low levels (10 or so 12) and I had used most of my power against the first form, and I had resigned not to make it against the demilich, but Minsc hit the monster with the mace of disruption just before he casted any protection spells, and killed it on spot!
    I had never been so lucky in any of my previous games!

6. Sir Daie Guest

[​IMG] Treggers,
    How many times do I have to tell you?
    Silver sword, or any other weapon with a vorpal edge.
    Fool.

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The butterknife of Balduran. No joke. :p

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The impr. flail of the ages, the answerer, the impr. ravager, impr. foebane, impr. staff of ram, Ixil's spear and some more +5 stuff ... weird, am I a powergamer or why is there no weapon weaker than +4 in my list .... :confused::p:p:holy::good::hmm:

9. Kull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's my understanding that many bosses are immune to death magic and vorpal strikes. Worse still, the silver sword allows a save (unlike the better TOB varieties such as the axe of the unyielding). Any monster worth sweating over will make the save. Choosing your weapon based on the vorpal quality alone seems foolish to me.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The foebane is quite good I think, then again I always use B-Swords, bows are good, Firetooth for Crossbow and the Dark Bow and the Taralash, Flail of ages, Hindos Doow just about all of them are useful somewhere

11. Carsomer = Carsomyr!!!

Cf,flail of ages,carsomyr,rune hammer,crom fraeyr.......!!!

Paddy!!!

[This message has been edited by Padine the Paladin (edited June 26, 2002).]

12. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Crom Frayer = Crom Faeyr

Normally I wouldn't correct you, but with a post like that you are asking for it :D

13. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] your having a bad run with the spelling of carsomyr arent you paddy (thats 2 threads thus far!!!). anyway, no doubt that crom faeyr the mighty warhammer is the best weapon, and i know you people are trying to avoid saying it. i even feel guilty...

14. StressedE Gems: 15/31

I dunno if crom is the best weapon it depends me thinks. If you play through the entire BG series and grab all the strength enhancing items you will have like 23 STR or something, so 25 is not really a big difference anymore. The slaying ability is nice, but only works in a limited ammount of situations.
    I never played with the staff of the magi before because most mages can't fight, but I now have a fighter mage and am amazed at it's power. Every strike dispels something on the target. Mages fall one after another. When facing powerful mages I don't think crom will do much else than weapon ineffective or it will not get past the stoneskin.
    Right now I can't think of anything more powerful than the staff of the magi, but the game is IMO well balanced and next time through some other weapon will seem best to me.

15. THE KILLSW01:evil::good::shake::grin:

16. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Uh huh, now that would Really be a Backstabbers Dream :rolleyes::mommy::p

17. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Gopher, that remark was below the belt, grrrrrrrr :)

18. Elementus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Improved Foebane all the way! and if I am duelweilding longsword I like the answerer to accompany me sometimes, its slow but can do some fun filled things.....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.