1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the funniest NPC combination

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jimbobbibliobus, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jimbobbibliobus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I find that Minsc and Jan are brilliant together, especially when Jan tries to steal Boo. However, in ToB what are the funniest combinations of NPC? Do they all involve Jan?

2. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Imoen - Keldorn banter is precious... Sarevok has the most banters, I would think, but they are not humorous. Except the one with jan, which is hilarious... Count Turnipsome... :D

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, I definitely enjoy the Imoen turning Keldorn red-faced banter.

Jaheira having some witty fun at the expense of Edwin(a) not once, but twice, is absolutely priceless.

Watching Jaheira and Viconia fight over you, the dialogue is completely serious, yet so funny just to watch it in motion.

The Imoen-Anomen banter where Imoen subtly calls Anomen on being a prig is quite fun as well.

I've never tried it, but after completing the NPC interactions guide, the Korgan-Mazzy duo is a definite competitor for THE funniest pairing of all.

4. Elden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If Jan and Imoen are in your party she will tell a funny story like he does...

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Beren

I would agree that without a doubt, the Mazzy-Korgan pairing is the funniest in the game.

Additionally, I think just about any pairing of a few good aligned and evil aligned characters in your party are great. I think the "digs" they give each other are really funny. (Anything with Edwin is usually really funny.) But Mazzy-Korgan gets my vote.

6. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think that all the NPCs interaction are great, but sadly, you have to wait too much time sometimes, maybe if they interact, let's say, each time when you are just walking around or when you are traveling between areas, or when you get to an area after the load screen. I don't know, just is the way I would like to be.
    Sometimes you miss a lot of them beacuse some re-loading game.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I am a big fan of the Jan / Haer'Dalis interactions, for example, when Jan decides to write a poem and asks the Blade for a rhyme for "Bucket". Too funny. Jan is without a doubt my favorite NPC, and that's not just because he gets so powerful my the end of the game.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

@Jurts
    You did not like the one where Viccy tries to sleep with Sar?

The Mazzy-Valygar banters are funny, as is the banter where Anomen makes a pass at Edwin(a).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.