1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favorite weapon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Magus800, May 8, 2002.

1. Magus800 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is your Dark Omega here again with my daily poll, today it is 'What is your favorite weapon?' I do not mean things such as a simple long sword or halberd, I mean things such as the Equilizer and the Wave. Well have fun with my daily poll, and if you want try to guess what tommorrows poll will be.
    My favorite weapon is the Vorpal Blade, it is the best two-handed sword, and with the 15% percent chance of killing stuff, it rules. As far as a nice conversation, Lilarcor all the way. I will always remember his helpful hint in life, 'Hack and slash your way to fortune!'

[This message has been edited by Magus800 (edited May 08, 2002).]

2. One would begin to wonder if youre making these new topics just to boost your post count, because it would have been a lot easier to post it in one topic...Just my opinion;)

Mine is short swords, Bows, and long swords right now.

3. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A big stick

4. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Arrows of detonation -- almost impossible to come by, but I sure like them a lot.

As far as weapons you can actually use on a regular basis go, it really depends on the class. I mean, sure two-handed swords are nice and all, but if you're playing anything but a fighter class they are pretty much useless. Now a good club like blackblood, that's a versatile weapon -- it'll hit almost anything in the game, and almost anyone can use it. For plain old power, got to go with Crom Faer, plus you can still use a good shield with it (unlike the vorpal sword). Yeah, it's nice to kill things on the spot, but Crom does a bit of that too with golems and such. Plus bludgeoning weapons have superior THACOs. Here's my favorite trick with Crom: let Valygar dual-wield it in his left hand for the strength bonus, and then backstab someone with his right hand.

5. Magus800 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

First of all, DeBhaal, you would know if I was tryin' to boast my count, I honestly do not care about it, oh well, keep the replies a coming.

6. Magus, I said "One would beging to wonder..." because:
    1. these are all fairly recent polls, and
    2. all these polls that you have broken up, could have all been made into one big poll.

Also, I never *said* you were boosting your count, Im not the one that has to worry about that. Just said it looked that way.

7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Prolly better to keep them seperate polls IMO. Easier to sort the information. :)

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have a thing for shortswords, especially sword of quickness :D, extra attack is the best ability a weapon can have. Its strange that it isnt stated in the decribtion though?
    Too bad that Kundane disapeared in my TDD game I am playing :( greatest fault of that expansion that I have seen is the that ecquipment can just disapear, sometimes even AFTER you have picked them up! :flaming:

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Celestial Fury and the Flail of Ages. In my first pass through I screwed up D'Arnise and did not get the Flail. This time I got it and it is awesome.

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The one with the most pluses *munchkin aura* :p

11. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The good ol' reliable Quarterstaff, straight 1d6 damage, and Speed factor 2 or something.

And then some!
    Most have more magic in them than any shortsword could muster.

12. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The best has to be THE ALL MIGHTY: Dagger.

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    First shortswords, daggers followed by bastard swords, spears and flails.

IMO daggers and shortswords are best for backstabbing.

14. ivanatora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

What do you mean "best" ?
    Best for backstab are longswords and katanas.
    About MY favourite weapon .... maybe Grom Fayer.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My favorite weapon is the one that best suits my role. Longbows and Scimitars are the ones I look for now for my elven archer, as well as the clerics ethos-thing for a Ranger/Cleric.

16. Blackrazor and Celestial Fury. They are so cool when dual wielding

17. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Lilarcor!!! What other weapon can you talk to? What other weapon will have a witty/stupid comment for most battle situations?
    Seriously though, Lilarcor's mindshield can come in handy when battling Mind Flayers and Vampires.

18. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Advice eh? Well let me see... How about you find someone rich, and kill 'em! Find someone richer, and kill them too! Hack n' Shlash your way to fortune!! Wahoo!"

:grin::lol::roll::grin: Lilarcor cracks me up!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.