1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What mods to add?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Shandar39, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Shandar39 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have just recently gotten the urge to come back to bg2. I havent played for awhile now and i was thinking about adding some mods this is what i had in mind.

-BG 2 fixpatch
    -banterpack
    - BG 2 tweakpack
    - unfinished business
    -quest pack
    -ascension
    -dungeon crawl
    -g3 tweakpack
    -dungeon be gone
    - longer road
    -turnabout
    -improved asylum
    - tower of deception
    -lux ley family
    - kivan

Anyone have a suggestion for kits?

Could you please tell me what else i need to download to make them all compatible and what order i should install them in thankyou. Also if you want to recommed anymore mods feel free.

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    As far as I am aware, they should all be compatible without anything else needing to be downloaded.

First off, the BGII Tweak Pack deprecates the G3 Tweak Pack (which is therefore unnecessary).

Secondly, Ascension needs to be installed before both Longer Road and Turnabout.

However, the first mod to be installed should be the BG 2 Fixpack.

I don't think it makes all that much difference what order the others are in, although it is generally advised that Tweakpacks should come near the end of the install order.

Additionally, make sure that you have installed the official patch before any mods.

As a recommendation, I would advise the Flirt Packs (I can't remember when I last played without it and the Banter Pack). There are always a couple of mod recommendation threads floating around not too long ago that a search should find should you feel the need to get any more.

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I'm unsure wether Ascension should go right after the Fixpack, but you'll probably be able to find the answers somewhere.

I don't know about the Longer Road, but take care about that one.

There's some kits to be found at G3: Sword & Fist, Divine Remix, Song & Silence. Beside that I'd recommend Rogue Rebalancing, just search for aVENGER's name here and you'll get the link.

On top of that: You shouldn't miss Xan for BG2, Romantic Encounters, iepBanters and the iitem.

The installation is roughly this:
    Fixpacks
    Items
    NPC's
    Banter add-on's
    Quest add-on's
    tweaks

If you use Rogue Rebalancing aVENGER has made a fine list for installation. Otherwise Icelus has some tips found at PPG's site.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I normally have it installed just after or close to just after and am yet to run into any problems.

5. aVENGER Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Here's the link:

Rogue Rebalancing

You may also want to take a look at my Compatibility Guide for the recommended install order and other compatibility info. Personally, I'd also recommend using SCS II for a good tactical challenge based primarily on AI enhancements, Xan for a very professionally made NPC mod and PPG Banter Pack + IEP Banters for extended interaction between Bioware's original NPC cast.

6. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dungeon Crawl can be installed at any time, and should be compatible with everything.

If you're installing more than one NPC mod, I recommend Crossmod Banter Pack - so that they are able to chat together. (Xan goes well with Kivan both in BG1 and BG2, for one.) I'm not sure if Luxley Family NPCs and Kivan NPC have crossmod content, yet, though: I think not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.