1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Triactus, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I require your vast intellects on this one! :)

Recently, I went to a pharmacy, to bring in some films (They develop films for cameras). The cashier there is really pretty, and she's really nice too! She also smiled (not too much, but enough). Anyways, it stayed like that.
    The next week, I go back to bring in another film, and there she is again! And on the tab (where the number to get the finished pictures is), she makes a smiley face!
    Now, I need you guys to advise me. Should I ask her out?

2. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yes. But not just-like-that.

Go in and talk to her awhile next time, so that she can see that you are nice and not a psychopath. Then leave. Then, next time ask her out. It is best if a girl has a chance to think over whether she's go out with you if you ask, *before* you actually ask her.

I think that most women, if they are taken by surprise, say "no" as a reflex. I do, anyway -- and it has happened that people I later thought I would have dated, I turned down.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] She was there again!!!???! Holy shubert! You know it sems to me she's stalking you. Believe me you're better off without some nutcase in your life. :nono:

4. Gurtha a'coia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have only one good advice: listen to the girl. I don’t see why you first asked for guys’ advice anyway. And don’t listen to Vukodlak, he has 443 posts in 7 months, ask him his advice when you’ll wish to date a girl on the boards. The only problem is that you will need some more films and you do not want to let her forget you.

5. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] it's not your post count that's important, it's what you do with it that counts. ;)

on topic... similar thing happened to me when i was younger (18).

i used to work in a restaurant on saturdays and would have to go to sainsbury's supermarket to buy supplies. there was a really cute girl on the check-out who'd always smile at me. she didn't smile at everyone. i'd regularly ask my boss (during the course of the day!) if there was anything the restaurant needed so that i'd be able to go and oggle 'sainsbury's girl'.

after several weeks (or maybe months?) i built-up enough courage to speak to her. after two minutes i was so nervous i just asked her out. she said yes, but that wasn't the point. the date felt awkward. even though we were attracted to each other, because we didn't know each other at all the relationship fizzled-out before it even got warmed-up. we were young, and conversations are difficult to keep-up at that age! a waste.

in retrospect i wish i'd talked to her several times before 'popping the question'. i recommend you do the same Triactus, though i expect if you start bringing-in photos of walls, floors and ceilings (read: one packet of chewing gum) the girl'll suspect something. good luck! :love:

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yes. But listen to MethylViolet.

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks for the advice. :)

I agree with what you said, Methylviolet,
    about talking to her multiple times before popping the question. However, I am kind of like George, in Sienfeld, here.
    :)
    It never worked for me the old way, so might as well do the opposite and be spontanious! :)

Here's what I'm planning to do : I'll go sunday (because I've only seen her on sundays), and I'm going to buy some after-shave (best product to impress a girl). Then, I'm goign to ask a question about when she called the company that develops pictures two weeks back, as to bring the momentum of previous meetings with me. Then, I'm going to extend my hand and say something like "By the way, my name is ---". She'll comply with me, saying her name too. Then, I will go for the kill with "Hey, would you like to grab a coffee tonight?".

This seems to be a pretty good plan! :D

8. Gurtha a'coia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What is the point of asking, and not following the advice while you agree with it? Oh I got it, that is your plan but you are going to do exactly the opposite. What kind of a name is “---“? ;)

9. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

He's asking for love advice on these forums? I gave him just the answer he deserves. Also go check out my other loveadvice columns concerning Katie Stillwell.

[Seven months - sigh how time flies...]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.