1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What the lowest AC you have obtained?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Praetor Munir, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] The lowest I got, was -9, before Underdark I mean...but with the Drow armour... I can get -12....

if I use the +3 armour i get from the demons in the dungeons, I think I can get it to -10 using non-drow equipment...question is... can i get it lower that that and how?

Oh yeah, my character can use a shield real well, so i'm planning to use the Crom Faeyr in one hand and a super shield in the other...

to make the ultimate fighting machine....

so whats the lowest AC u can get and how did u get it?

2. antoine Guest

can you get a armour class of -12???

I tought the minimum was -10

3. nicholi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

it said in the manual that the lowest you can get is -10 how the heck did u get -12?

4. Stevo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I managed to get -13 on my Beserker using

Helm of Balduran
    Red Dragon Scale
    Sentinel +4
    Ring of Earth Control
    Ring of Protection +2

With his Enrage ability, and 3 of my party casting defensive harmony, I could get it down to -21 for hard fights :E

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Best possible is about AC-21.

That does not include spells or drow items.

* Item Spoiler warning *
    Here is an example:
    Armor of the Hart -> AC-2
    Dexterity 18 -> AC-6
    Sentinel +4 -> AC-11
    Helm of Balduran -> AC-12
    Ring of Gaxx -> AC-14
    Ring of Protection +2 -> AC-16
    Cloak of the Sewer -> AC-17
    Dak'kon's Zerth Blade -> AC-18
    Boots of Phasing -> AC-20

I'm sure I've missed some item here, but which?

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited April 24, 2001).]

6. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] So far I've got a -10. I've noticed I almost never get hit except for area of effect spells and the continuous chain lightning spells cast by enemy mages. I'm in CH 3, so we'll see if it gets any higher.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I tried and got AC -20 in a test run on my paladin:

-Armor of the hart -> AC -2
    -dex-18 -> AC -6
    -Sentinel +4 -> AC-11
    -Helm of Balduran -> AC -12
    -Coak of the sewers -> AC -13
    -Dakhon´s Zerth Blade -> AC -14
    -2 Rings of Gaxx -> AC -18 (You can pickpocket him, when you finally kill him there´s a second one :D )
    -finally I boosted my dex to 25 using the potions of perception (?! giving +3 int/ +3 dex)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 24, 2001).]

8. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You can boost up the AC some more Ragusa if you're a fighter/mage n cast some blurs or other such spells like defensive harmony for the cleric.

9. Earl Grey

Yes, but having two Ring of Gaxx would be considered most suspicious by even the most hardcore of cheaters.

Including spells and potions I get this:

AC-20 (as of my previous post, see above).
    Chant -> AC-21
    Defensive Harmony -> AC-23
    Improved Invisibility -> AC-27
    Dexterity 24 or 25 -> AC-29

Final: AC-29

Blur and many other spells can only be cast on the caster. A Dual-classed Fighter/Mage might get a better AC somehow, but I can't see how he could do that and not don armor, thereby disabling his spellcasting.

10. Ragusa

Media:
    Cheating ... pickpocketing Gaax for the ring, surviving it, then killing the bastard and looting a second ring from his body isn´t cheating in my eyes, but feel welcome to correct me on that Earl ...

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 25, 2001).]

11. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I pickpocketed him too. Fair theft in my eyes and totally beyond reproach. Why should pickpocketing an item be considered suspicious in anybodies estimation?

12. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

you can cast the mage spell without armor n then don the armor. there is also cleric spells.

13. Earl Grey

Getting two Ring of Gaxx is cheating because you are exploiting a bug in the game.

Pick pocketing is fair and good, but killing that target to get a duplicate of that item cannot be other than using a game flaw.

There is only one Ring of Gaxx.

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited April 25, 2001).]

14. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sorry but where does it say that there is only ONE ring of Gaxx. It may well be that the second ring is a bonus goodie for those brave or quick enough to attempt to rob him. Should we therefore consider the +2 ring that you can steal from one of Jaheiras messengers as a bug/glitch too?....Or should we consider any stolen RING as a bug/glitch.

Personally I think not. :)

PS. Potion of perception gives a 20% increase to some thieving skills for 6 hours, it gives no dex' or int' bonuses.

[This message has been edited by Big Bad Bert (edited April 25, 2001).]

15. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Earl: Imagine someone who´s daring and goes to pickpocket Gaxx and kills him later to find out, to his joyfull surprise, that there are two of this fancy and useful rings - that happened to me ;)

Someone like that is doubtless a cheating coward exploiting a game bug :rolleyes:

Cheating necessarily needs knowledge of what you do! You may blame people to repeat this nice coup *but not* for just finding out about it themselves!

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited April 25, 2001).]

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I had my undead hunter wear:

- red dragon scale(AC -1)
    - ring of gaxx(+2 AC)
    - ring of protection +2(+2 AC)
    - cloak of the sewers(+1 AC)
    - helm of balduran(+1 AC)

with dexterity of 18...an AC of -11...but...
    after changing into the Slayer form I realized, that my char got a -10 BONUS on the AC so it was AC of -21!!!

17. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

if u guys used shields..i think it can get lower that that.. like in the Ust Natha... i stole the Shield of Sentinels from this drow trader....u can buy it of course...and its +4!!! the one i bought from Ribald was only +3!!!

18. volkov_2001 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] actually having two ring of kagaxx is not cheating....i think it was purpusefully put there to make thef a more valuable character....just like others game...

bg1 got tat algernorn cloack.....

and icewind dale got a whole bunch...

and maybe kagaxx wear two rings....just like our char

[This message has been edited by volkov_2001 (edited April 25, 2001).]

19. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] if my char had used the sentinel +4 shield his Ac would have been -16!!! Impressive, Isn't it?

20. Earl Grey

[​IMG] Naturally we are are free to use how ever many Ring of Gaxx we like if we feel that it improves the playing experience. :)

Maybe the designers meant for Kangaxx to have his unique ring stolen and then immediately out of nowhere create another identical ring? Hmmm, yes I think you are right... it was probably meant to be that way. :p

Big Bad Bert wrote:
    "Should we therefore consider the +2 ring that you can steal from one of Jaheiras messengers as a bug/glitch too?"

No, but if you kill him and find another identical ring on his body you should realise that it's a bug.

Ragusa wrote:
    Someone like that is doubtless a cheating ... exploiting a game bug
    Since exploiting a bug is generally considered to be cheating, then yes, he is cheating. However cheating at a game is IMHO only bad if it has a negative consequence for another player. One such possibility is if you give advice to someone and the advice is based on cheating. That might not be too helpful.

Cheating necessarily needs knowledge of what you do!
    In this case any player would at least give the oddity of getting the same ring twice from the same creature a fleeting thought. Because of how good the item is the player may subconsciously block out what reason tells him and rationalize it by thinking he should not doubt the perfection of the game designers.

Btw, Ragusa, just so there is no doubt about it, my arguing here is in no way critique of you. I hold your knowledge in the highest regard. For example your posts on weapon proficiencies was very enlightning to me. :)

. . . . . . . . . .

I can't tell if you guys are serious about this or just pulling my leg...

[This massage has been made edible by Earl Grey (edibility made on April 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited April 25, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.